[GameClub] Destiny 2

Looking at the requirements, I wonder if the game would work on my PC. The minimum recommended card is a 7850 and I have a 5870.

This I cannot answer, I have no idea

You can run the trial first and see how it goes before dropping the cash for the game?

1 Like

I’m looking forward to this. I just hope I have time to play… Between work, ice hockey, more ice hockey, and work… November looks like it won’t be too busy at least.

1 Like

Yay, the day has finally arrived!

I’ll probably only start tomorrow since I have stuff on every Thursday evening. Will see how things go.

2 Likes

The best way is to run a GPU compare between the two cards. Try Anandtech for example.

Ok Anandtech has crap options.
Here you go:
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-HD-5870-vs-AMD-HD-7850/m7681vs2182
Looks like you are going to struggle based on this.

3 Likes

The first about hour is solo play - so just be warned. Also the game does not spoon feed you, the first BIG fight for your powers is a tough one. But there is no real penalty except waiting if you die.

1 Like

So I wasn’t feeling sleepy last night and at 12 I decided to officially start my Destiny 2 journey.

I played until the first base camp - pretty much nearly as far as when I did the trial run. This time though, I could max out the graphics - it is a very pretty game!

The CGI cinematics are pretty epic too.

2 Likes

Oh man, haven’t been to that camp in ages. The soccer matches to the side are quite fun…

1 Like

What is everyone’s class? Going with warlock since i don’t have one yet and depending on the customization i might go human.

1 Like

I am an Awoken Hunter.

Human warlock - any other class and I struggle. Titan is bad enough

Also do we want to create a clan or does someone have an existing one we can join?

1 Like

I was thinking of restarting my Titan.

I played a hunter in the first game so need a change up in this one

At this point, I don’t even know what classes there are.

hehe three - titan, warlock and hunter

Its just their main / super skills that really differ.

Hmmm I will have to look and see. From the names I’ll probably go with Titan.

1 Like

Titan: team shielding and tank
Hunter: super power support and DPS
Warloc: team buffs and support

That’s the basics of it.

I have a clan you guys can join

Updating my game, but it constantly give me that bug of being stuck on initializing. Such a mission to move the whole game to a different file, then start the update, and then move it back again

1 Like

I had the same thing where it was stuck like that. I then just left it overnight, came back and it was downloaded.

Known bug that it apparently just gets stuck there though. Lucky you!