[GameClub] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Going between the prague points was suuuuuper frustrating, made me contemplate putting it on my ssd :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can tell my system is old:

This game can run really poorly at times.
Micro-stuttering is plentiful, regardless of setting(s).

Maybe it’s just poor optimisation. As I understand, it’s more optimised for the Red team.

Try it on DX 11 if you haven’t yet. I had problems using DX 12, then I switched to DX 11 and it was fine.

1 Like

I’m making progress. I’m currently somewhere in Martial Law Prague, on my way to the Dvali area.

For some reason, this game is going on longer than I anticipated, feels like I should have been finished by now.

I pretty much have all the weapons I want, all of them fully upgraded/customized. I also have all the Augs which matter, so now any extra Praxis points are just going into whatever is left.

2 Likes

I have actually timed it, 'cause I was curious…

It takes at least 25 secs to do a quickload. The irony.

Yeah, it is crazy. I put my game on my NVME SSD, and even then it takes 10s to do a quick load.

I’ve had to give it the Arkham Knight treatment:

Running textures on low and everything else as they were. So it at least runs playably, with minor micro-stutters every now and again.

I even ran Far Cry 5, just to remind myself that even though my hard is old, it’s decent for 1080p gaming between 30-60 FPS.

Finished. Good game, but enjoyed it less than HR. 7/10.

I also played some of the Breach stuff, just wanted to check it out. Haven’t played any of the DLC. After so many hours though, don’t think I’ll continue with the game for now. I have quite a few other games I want to get to.

3 Likes

Congrats @Blazzok!

I came back to Prague at night…and at first was like “oh i dont have to go re-loot things as its remembered, yay will save some time!” I quickly discovered some terminals had new unread mail, some had new PDA’s or credit chips hidden around…the bank had responded to me knocking out every single employee that was in there (that was fun) by having turrets recently installed and seemingly fired the accounts manager (his office was just empty boxes, despite receptionist telling me i could go see him).

So now i’m sweeping through Prague all over again…and screw you game for having side missions that take me back and forth between areas with loading times measured in minutes. what a headache!

1 Like

With the amount of problems (and due to this, the undesirable will to play it at times), I cannot say I will finish the game in the allotted time frame.

I also just had my first hard crash. The PC port really is unoptimised.

I still have just over a week to finish it. IDK.

2 Likes

aaaaaaaaaaand done
bleh, didnt get the read every unique book achieve :frowning:

2 Likes

Nicely done!

1 Like

Im on the last big fight, aka second last quest - he is kicking my ass - Im struggling!

1 Like

i got him easy. heres how:

sneak up behind him (i came from above when he was walking around near the stairs) and 1 stun-gun/takedown combo gets him easy, same as you can do for them mech guys.

I don’t think I’ll get it done. I’ve spent too much time away from home.

2 Likes

I dont have a stun gun - I failed at sneakily killing those guys - my stun gun managed to piss them off

And Done!!!

yay

I struggled with it to towards the end.

1 Like

Congrats Wyv! :smiley:

1 Like

1 Like