[GameClub] Mad Max

Bwahahaha ek het gedog dis net ekke wat dit gesien het!

I did give up, I wont be able to finish the story in time :frowning:
At the moment I just wanna loot your account for the scrap metal! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s a combination of focusing on the projects that give you scrap when the game is off, and the one that autoloots scrap from vehicles you blow up in a zone.

The secret to wealth — passive income :laughing:

3 Likes

I was just bad at it all :smiley: I can admit to it!

2 Likes

I thought I heard the accents, just weren’t sure. And I completely missed the Sniper Rifle Upgrades hahaha.

2 Likes

Meh… I thought I could go to Gastown with my weapons upgraded and push to the end, but they’re making me go back and grind an area I had skipped (Pink Eye).

Think I’m done Mad Max’ing for the day. Hopefully I’ll still be able to complete the story before the end of the month.

Some thoughts, before I go back to doing work…

Normally I don’t like horror games or games that try and scare you. Mad Max does try to creep you out like the audio as you approach Griffa, and the sequence inside the “Underdune” (avoiding spoilers).

But Mad Max has not scared me to the point where I’m petrified to take another step. It’s actually quite strange, and I can’t put my finger on what’s different about it compared to other games that try and freak you out. All I know is that I don’t find Mad Max’s horror aspects scary, only amazingly atmospheric.

3 Likes

I found this mission to be a bit scary:

I completely missed any South African references, don’t think I ever read any upgrade’s name.

Lowering Pink Eye’s threat level is quickish - just take down a couple of Scarecrows and a few snipers. I didn’t need to clear any camps.

The end is not the end. Gastown is not the end. Give yourself enough time before the end of the month. :wink:

3 Likes

Last day to finish!

I’m looking forward to Destiny 2.

I’ve never stopped “looking forward” to it. I’ve been playing again quite diligently the past couple of weeks. Looking forward to creating a new character though!

1 Like

Whelp, I barely touched this one… I did like what I played of it though. It just wasn’t enough to make me want to finish (with what little time I have)

1 Like

Well done to everyone who made it!

2 Likes

It has been a harrowing week, but I finished Mad Max last night (after filing my taxes).

Can’t say I enjoyed the Gastown race, and the final battle was a mixed bag. But what an ending. A delightfully Mad Max-ish ending.

It also brings up a question I’ve often thought about in stories about the lone wolf hero that pushes people away to keep them safe (the “selfless” aspect), and avoid having emotional attachments because it hurts too much (the “selfish” aspect).

From a storytelling perspective, I get it, but the logic of pushing people away just doesn’t follow for me.

Anyway… I don’t want to get into long spoiler-tag encapsulated rants.

The game was OK. I probably won’t go back to clear the rest of it.

6 Likes

Nicely done @SIGSTART!

2 Likes