[GameClub] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Had one where I can’t dive. Just relogged and good to go

After having to run so many times in crows perch I went with this mod

2 Likes

Hahah we are part of this :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve been enjoying a lazy New Year’s Day (wife and I are a bit sick, so taking it slow), and I’ve clocked almost 50 hours of The Witcher 3 already.

Forgot that while Novigrad may look small, it has just as many quests to get lost in as the whole sprawl of Velen.

I have a few questions / want to get opinions from y’all.

1. I’m considering rushing the main quest so I can get to Kaer Morhen and get the Wolf armour. Not sure if it’s worth it, or if I should just slow roll it like I did the first time and go for the Cat School gear?

2. Are there any non-Witcher Gear armour or swords I should be looking at pre-DLC? I’m going for the Witcher School items because they give an XP bonus and I feel like leveling up as much as possible before a NG+ is the way to go. Thoughts?

1 Like

I knew the Netflix series would reignite interest in The Witcher, but daaayum!

2 Likes

I’d say take it slow and Mello through the game experience everything you can before you chase the end game. But @Wlad can tell you more on what you are looking for or what you should be chasing

2 Likes

@SIGSTART also hope you and the wife makes a speedy recovery dude :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

I don’t really know the stats of the different Witcher gear sets and I’m not sure what the bonuses of the Wolf gear are either. IIRC Cat school is focused on sword damage, Griffin school on Signs and Bear school on alchemy. I’m not sure about the others.

As for gear for NG+. Just bear in mind that in NG+ there is a new tier for all gear show you have to start upgrading from the bottom again. I’m not using any Witcher gear for this playthrough, just going with whatever is the best weapon I pick up.

2 Likes

There is an imense amount of reading in this game, albeit I don’t belive it is compulsory, at least not all of it. A lot of it starts to repeat itself as you progress through the game, this seems to happen on the notice boards too or that just me thinking it does? I wonder though how much of the written content is content from the books?

2 Likes

Dunno if anyone would be keen on the idea, but this seems rather… interesting.

2 Likes

I’m basically doing that already, but to a bit of a lesser extent. I still play with no HUD but during combat my health will show and if I go into Witcher Sense mode I can see how far my current quest objective is from me and it also shows other nearby markers like traveling posts, shops, questboards etc. I don’t use a map at all though.

2 Likes

That’s why I decided to only read the stuff related to quests, contracts, and treasure hunts this time round.

Some of the books and such lying around give you information which can help you make important decisions, though.

That sounds amazing. Except the no map part… I would get so lost. Is there a way to see the direction of your custom map pin with Witcher Senses?

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve also kinda thought about this whilst playing, a compas like UI would be more beneficial than the map in my case. I’m thinking of something like what AssCreed does (maybe I been playing too much Origins) :yum:

2 Likes

In a way yes, but it’s the mod I’m using which allows this (Friendly HUD). I did post a screenshot of it in this thread where you can see what it looks like. It shows you exactly where in the game world something is (quest objective, merchant, barber, etc.) and it also works with custom pins.

In this example my objective is behind me so it shows at the bottom of the screen. All these icons only appear when using Witcher Senses.

2 Likes

Need to assemble a crew now

1 Like

Sound’s like we’re at the same spot.

I always get a laugh at the boozefest with Lambert and E…ish, what’s his name.

3 Likes

Took a screenshot of my quest log awhile ago when I finished the Baron quest line.

Something I appreciated about The Witcher 3 when I first played it was the gentle nudge it gives you to move on from an area.

In the screenshot, all my available Witcher Contracts are higher level than I am and all of the side quests I could finish have been finished. Nothing for it but to move on to Novigrad.

4 Likes

Found Ciri, sad when Geralt sees her and think she’s dead, turns out she wasn’t and then we fought the Wild Hunt but lost a great friend in the process

I did it! Finished the game!

102 hours later. Will do dlc in a month or so.

Even though I originally didn’t want to play the game (ask @Wlad), I now see it as probably the best game I ever played.

6 Likes

Well done Soli :mechanical_arm: are you going to do the dlc as well or not?

For me and I think many the game is a hidden gem and in the end you fell in love with it

2 Likes