Games that are absolute units when fully installed

Games have grown in size over the years. I remember getting a 20GB HDD in 2001 and thinking that I would never be able to fill it with anything. These days games going over the 100GB mark is a regular occurrence. So which are the biggest games you can currently install on your PC. We’ll take a look at some of the biggest units in gaming. (sizes are all estimates as it differs from platform to platform)

Games in the 100GB club:

Call of Duty Infinite War - 100GB
Gears of War 4 - 112GB
Forza Horizon 4 (all DLC installed) - 116GB
Borderlands 3 - 116GB
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition - 120GB
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - 122GB
Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 125GB
Rainbow Six: Siege - 130GB

Games in the 150GB Club:
Final Fantasy XV - 150GB
Hitman 2 - 150GB
Red Dead Redemption 2 - 150GB
Microsoft Flight Simulator - 165GB
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep - 165GB
Quantum Break - 170GB

Games in the infamous 200GB+ club:
Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - 220GB+
Ark: Survival Evolved - 230GB+
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 230GB+

What is the biggest game you current have installed on your PC or console?

1 Like

Special shout of to games with a stupid amount of mods. It is easy to push games that are much smaller to well past these limits via mods. Some of the games I’ve found during my research was:

Assetto Corsa - easily can get close to 100GB with a bunch of mods installed.
Skyrim - this old game with mods can easily pass 100GB in size, quintupling it’s original install size
XPlane 11 - This is probably the biggest game I saw, with some pilots reporting having up to 500GB installs of the game with all the additional content installed

1 Like

Star Wars Fallen Order

50Gb

I often will not play a game because its install size is too crazy. 50Gb is pushing it for me but it’s Star Wars :smiley:

1 Like

This was because of the video footage right? I must still play this but wow, that’s a lot of space to clear.

Jip its size is mostly due to the entire series added as cutscenes added to the game. It is an optional install however.

1 Like

Biggest that are currently installed on my machine:

Hitman 2 - 149.62GB
Asgard’s Wrath - 123.9GB
Red Dead Redemption 2 - 119GB
Mortal Kombat 11 - 102.62GB
Grand Theft Auto - 101.35GB

Not sure how to check sizes of Microsoft store games but I also have Flight Simulator and Forza Horizon 4 in there.

I was surprised at Asgard’s Wrath’s size! I didn’t progress to far in the game though…

Perversely, this reminds me of the smallest fps I’ve ever seen: coming in at a wapping 96kb

Now that you can have upwards of 8Tb hard drives in your computer, everyone wants at least an SSD, which then drops the available space back down to somewhere between 500Gb and 2Tb (if you have money to waste). Gone are the days when game developers and even developers in general had to be conscious of computer resources and average joe limits. :unamused:

2 Likes

Not sure about the PC size but AC Valhalla (including the 2 DLC’s) is 127GB on Xbox Series S. Thats like a third of the available storage .

My ARK install … image

Deselected most DLCs, only Ragnarok and Valgero selected plus around 35 mods.

1 Like

I recently installed a few titles that could fall into this category, all on Xbox of course.

• Master Chief Collection ~ 150GB
  • Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesys ~ 100GB

Just remembered another one that we’ve actually bitched about before… Dirt Rally 2.0

109.5 GB on PC. It installs all the game’s DLC, whether you own any DLC or not.

2 Likes