Games to play with shitty/no internet

This was the discussion in Don’t Assume My Topic Thread - #3464 by GregRedd

So what games can we play with no or shitty internet these days. Considering all the subscription, always on services these days.

I’m thinking any game on gog.com should be playable offline.

3 Likes

Any and all single-player games.

1 Like

Even if that single player game is linked to an online service like Uplay for example?

1 Like

launch steam in offline mode ?

i just play on console these days, probably played a steam title a year ago last

Xbox is sometimes a biatch with internet issues even though you own the game.

1 Like

Oops i used the word biatch, a grumpy person is probably gonna flag my post again :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If they do they will have to discuss my beautiful language…

1 Like

Nah, you fine. All you said is biatch and that’s fuck all these days.

:grinning:

If anyone is offended by my language I’ll happily redact it on condition you ask yourself why you’re so triggered by letters on a screen that are in no way directed at you. Let me know.

2 Likes

Skyrim, especially if you can get some mods before hand.

Witcher games, Tomb Raider series, Farcry and Assassins creed games, Hades, other rouge-likes/lites and random map generation games.

City builders and management games like Anno can really let the time go by quick without even noticing, the only way to keep track of time in that game is the announcer telling you every two hours that you should probably take a break or stretch your legs.

2 Likes

Absolutely! That service should be by choice on the player’s side, an opt-in if you will, not a prerequisite to enjoyment.

But I digress, that is a whole other argument discussion.

2 Likes

I have an issue with any single player game needing an internet connection to play. Especially any of those “Always on DRM” games. And yes, even games that are launched through an online service like Uplay.

I’m okay with once off ownership verification for games I buy from third party sites. But for games that I’ve just used your Online Store to buy, which I couldn’t do if I wasn’t signed into that store with my verified and 2FA-enable account? Heck no.

I’ve used my account to download the game from your servers, again, the same signed in account as before. I’ve even tried to run the game using your proprietary launcher that I couldn’t even start unless I’ve logged in with that same account.

Yet, even after all those checks and controls, you still need me to have an always on internet connection, or even be online to verify that I own the game? For why?

4 Likes

Found a couple of articles highlighting games that can be played offline. Mostly PC, but one XB list too.

https://gamerant.com/best-offline-pc-games/

https://gamerant.com/best-offline-xbox-one-games-no-internet/

4 Likes

Snowrunner as well would work quite well, good music, pretty environment and hours of getting stuck in the mud. and JRPG games would work quite well, as they often use farming and grinding mechanics that can keep you busy

1 Like