Games with a strong D&D vibe or mechanics

What ever happened to neverwinter nights? That game was fantastic

2 Likes

Dont play it now!!! It did not age well…

1 Like

Loved it back in the day! Neverwinter Nights 2 too.

1 Like

That’s why you can get the enhanced edition:

1 Like

On the post-apocalyptic/original fallout style side of things there’s Wasteland 1,2 and 3 and ATOM RPG Trudograd.

I haven’t gotten around to playing any of them yet, but I’ve heard they’re good.

2 Likes

Oooo yes, Wasteland 3 is fantastic!

1 Like

All the black isle games. Should be able to find all on gog or steam, some have advanced editions now.

KOTOR series, never winter nights series and Dragon Age Origins from bioware and obsidian are also good. The rest of the dragon age series does not follow the old black isle/bioware mechanics and change to action rpg’s.

Pathfinder series: different rule set but games are similiar.

Vampire the masquerade bloodlines: be sure to use the fan made mod

Disco elysium

Black geyser: still in ea but decent so far.

Pillars of eternity series

All the larian studio rpg’s

Solasta also decent, story not as good as most of the others on this list.

2 Likes

As if on queue, Divinity: Original Sins 2 is on special, 60% off. So I shopped it and it’ll install. Will try it out.

Also interesting observation, it seems like most suggestions are within the CRPG games, a genre that I’ve royally neglected due to my previous opinion that I will not enjoy them at all. But with my new found interest in D&D and D&D-like stories and games, I am willing to give them a try.

2 Likes

I forgot about For the King. Good game, based on a boardgame, with D&D-like qualities. And you can play with 2 friends.

What have you finthly swine done to me!?!?

Due to full day conference there was some time to get started with DoS2, and can I just say, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Holy balls this game is unbelievably good! I literally only did the ship part and started wondering around the first area, and wow! I wanted a D&D experience and this delivers in spades!!

6 Likes

Told you so!

1 Like

Introduced you to your inner D&D lover.

1 Like