Google Play Pass

Nice man! I have purposely been avoiding games that would play better with a controller as I don’t have the same setup as you. There are a number of awesome controller based games that would be super fun to play I think on the couch.

I think next I want to try out Football Manager. Want to see if it comes close to the PC version of the game.

3 Likes

Tried some Rebel Cops! A great turn based tactical police game, where your squad takes out criminals without all the fuss of proper police procedures. It reminds me of Police Quest SWAT 2. Or even XCOM, but set a little more in reality. Works really well with touch screen and the game is gorgeous!

3 Likes

Does this Play Pass only work for their games and apps library, or is it only a curated list? Does it include anything from the Books and Movies libraries?

Think I know the answer, just thought I would ask.

2 Likes

It includes everything. Even games on iPhones. Movies before they reach the cinema and books that haven’t been written yet.

3 Likes

And the most sarcastic award goes to…

2 Likes

Haha @Beo and I are just joking around.

1 Like

Dude I tried out Rebel Cops, and it’s pretty awesome! I’m not really an XCOM fan but the game played very well on mobile.

Also, I REALLY like playing games on mobile where there isn’t a single ad or anything.

1 Like

Worth R50 a month!!!

Here is another round of games tried out on mobile:

Doodle God - 5/10
Its a fun game where you mix elements to create other elements and other materials. As you create these you fill the world with stuff. There is a lot of challenges to complete as well. It’s fun, but the combinations are not always intuitive, the interface is sucky and over the top, and some bad design in some places.

Football Manager 2021 Mobile - 7/10
I don’t know anything about football, and this game brought that out. My word, this is the FULL game you get on PC, and is as complex and detailed as you would expect. The interface is very well designed and easy to navigate on mobile. I’m just not smart enough to play it. It’s very overwhelming.

Tiny Robots - 8/10
A puzzle game played out on small stages you explore to find items and solve the puzzle. It looks gorgeous and is very well built for mobile. The pacing is a bit wrong, the game goes from being very easy to being optuse. But fun nevertheless.

Gem Miner: Dig Deeper - 3/10
For a game where you dig deep for valuable things, this game is shallow and boring. Very simple, easy to play, but has the gameplay depth of an anti-vaxxers brain.

OK Golf - 5/10
Never has a game lived up more to its name. You play golf and it’s okay at best. The courses and good enough and mechanics fun, but meh gameplay overall.

4 Likes

I found the best game so far on Google Play Pass: Agent A

it is on Steam, and I’ve never heard about this game:

It is a point and click adventure game where you solve puzzles to try and catch a master spy, and everything about this game is extremely good. Last night I accidentally played almost 3 hours of this damn game on mobile, and if you have this service, download it now!!

5 Likes

Installing…

2 Likes

I just finished it. Binged the crap out of it. Best mobile game I’ve played ever. A solid 10/10 in my books. Some puzzles are too obscure, but from all of then, there was like 2, maybe 3 that were not obvious or something that couldn’t be logically deduced. Loved it!

3 Likes

@DieGrootHammer and @oltman
Are you guys still running and active subscription and are you still actively using it and getting value from the service?

Do you guys only use the service for their games or other services as well?

And lastly, how has your perspective of the service been or changed now that you have a kid @DieGrootHammer ?

1 Like

Yes, still have an active sub. I play the odd game every now and then, but its main value is in letting the kids play games without some really questionable adverts in the so called “FREE” games on the Play store.

2 Likes

I have an active subscription but I find their interface really annoying to navigate and I hate that you can’t see what’s part of the service on the desktop website, I normally like to browse and install games from there.

3 Likes

Yes that is something that annoys me too. But somehow my kids manage to still find the worst possible games on the platform :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

So, being in the berg and not wanting to drag my laptop out all the time, I downloaded a few games from Play Pass on my tablet.

I played Thimbleweed Park and it is fantastic! Ron Gilbert at his best! Loved it! And it was just long enough for an hour or so per night.

I also installed Hidden Folks which is perfect for 5 minute sessions.

2 Likes

Damnit! The install shows as inactive for me, i can’t even find it in the store on my phone. :confused:

Edit: assume it is only available on tablets then.

1 Like

I played I Love Hue ages ago and found out that I Love Hue Too is on Play Pass and have been jamming it whenever power is off. I even gave it a review.

Such a serene game, so relaxing and focused. 11/10 would play it again and again.

1 Like

Can install on my phone… Weird.

2 Likes