Google Spying

I guess that’s very pragmatic of you

2 Likes

I have started using the Brave browser. Its supposedly more secure. But if I have to be brave to use it, does it mean that the browser is bad? Or is the browser brave for going against big data? :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I love a pragmatic approach to live. Some people believe that is a swear word though… My previous employer had a fit of rage after a I requested that everyone take a pragmatic approach to an issue everyone was fighting over.

4 Likes

Brave isn’t as secure as they make it out to be… But as long as you don’t use their ‘brave points’ or whatever it is called, you’re probably alright.

I’ll just leave this here: https://www.privacytools.io

4 Likes

Why does everyone have to have bloody points now?!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Well, quick feedback: It feels like Chrome, just better optimised for Windows 10. I keep on forgetting that I’m using Edge, except when I look at the icon in the taskbar. The browser is fast and familiar.

3 Likes

This is because it is built on the same exact tech as Chrome. There is no difference other than the cover of the book. You might as well use Chrome.

1 Like

Can google spy on you if you use duckduckgo in Chrome?

1 Like

Exactly. That’s why I jokingly called it “Chromedge”. I know it’s built on Chromium, but this is more efficient. With the same web apps / sites open that I used to use, Chrome was guzzling at least 1.5GB RAM and often jumped to a constant 3-4% CPU usage. Edge now uses ~700MB RAM and CPU usage never spikes above 1%. So that’s why I’m using it now - it’s Chrome, just leaner and fitter.

5 Likes

Figure this is the best thread for this…

Finally! They’re getting audio/video calls on desktop going!

4 Likes