Gran Turismo 7

I’m surprised to see that there isn’t a thread for it.

Have any of you played it?

I expected more to be honest. Everyone’s always comparing Forza to Gran Turismo and I’ve always wanted to try it. Forza Motorsport 7 that came out years ago is better in my opinion.

4 Likes

I’ve always loved both for different reasons. Each has its respective pros and cons, kind of like comparing PlayStation to Xbox. I have always described it in the following way; Gran Turismo is for the purists while Forza is for the enthusiasts, at least that’s the way I like to see them as separate experiences.

4 Likes

GT7 is better than any of the Forza Motorsport games available to buy on Xbox right now :grin:
I think all mainline FM games have been delisted!

I think both are equally good, but FM tends to be more fun for me. GT feels a bit nerdy (in a good way) but both are going to be surpassed by more serious sim games anyway.

I had a good time with the time trials, licences and photo modes in GT7, and supposedly it’s fun online too.

3 Likes

Gran Turismo is the only game franchise that woukd ever tempt me to get a PlayStation. When I had a PS4 Pro I played many hours of GT Sport, and it was glorious.

I personally think GT7 is still at the moment the best “simcade” racing game out there. The changes they’ve made regarding track dynamics, weather and wet condition implementation and changes to the ohysics seems like its work a treat.

It should come as no surprise that its brother-from-another-mother Forza is its only comparison. The two are so similar in what they achieve and represent for each console platform. I never like Forza Motorsport 7 though, and just by the fact that GT7 is newer and more updated with mrore features makes it a better game…for now…

I honestly think GT 7 is a big reason why Forza Motorsport 8 has been delayed time and again. They had to build the physics from the ground up to be able to go toe-to-toe with GT. And its vertainly no coincidense that many new Forza features are ones that were implemented in GT 7.

I only wish that GT 7 can come to PC.

3 Likes