Grand Theft Auto 6

Finally… an X to announce that there’ll be a trailer to announce that there’ll be a new GTA game sometime in the future.

2 Likes

At least you found a way to say it. :smiley:

So say they announce it. How many more years after that do they release?

1 Like

2 things.

1. Did they just announce an announcement?

b) Ew. It sucks that that’s the best way to say it. I’d hate to be Musk’s marketing team.

Edit: dunno shy the quoting broke. Too late in the evening to try and fix it now. My breaking of MEW discourse shall live forever.

FTFY: Your “B)” and line breaks were causing the issue.

1 Like

As much as I love and adore this franchise. I am kinda over it.

3 Likes

I can’t wait. I’ve been there since the very first GTA. I used to play that every day after school. I was considering doing V again, but I’ve played through the story so many times at this point that I’ll just wait.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m with you (on all points) there. I bought the X|S version a while back but never replayed it. Perhaps I should. Visually it still remains impressive.

1 Like

Let’s put it to the vote:

When will GTA6 actually release:

• It’ll be in Christmas stockings this year!
  • January - June 2024
  • July - December 2024
  • January - June 2025
  • July - December 2025
  • Sometime in 2026
  • The cake is a lie

0 voters

You’re missing a “When it goes on sale” option. I held out with GTA 5, and no regrets. GTA Online doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

1 Like

Thank you for fixing my laziness, @Beo! Your helpfulness on MEW Discourse shall live forever!

3 Likes

That I have to agree with you on. I have bought GTA5 too many times across too many platforms.

1 Like

I had a lot of fun with GTA Online when the game just came out on PS4. We had a few guys playing and we would all play together every Sunday evening. It was fun doing races and all kinds of different activities. Playing it now on my own is not something I’d ever do though.

1 Like

Prepare for $100+ base game prices for GTA6…

https://www.youtube.com/@RockstarGames/featured
Trailer 1 - Tuesday, 5 December. 16:00 here in South Africa.

It would be so funny if Rockstar announces Table Tennis 2, because the announcement tweet and that screenshot do not name the game…

3 Likes

:joy: Could you imagine the global GTA fanboy outrage!

1 Like

Rockstar Games deleted/archived all of the images from their entire Instagram account except for the trailer announcement post. Well weird.

The trailer was apparently leaked early, so Rockstar decided to publish it:

Looks like I was optimistic for a release next year.

4 Likes

Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.(NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming to PlayStation® 5 computer entertainment systems and Xbox Series X|S games and entertainment systems in 2025.

With the inevitable R* delay, it may even slip into a 2026 release. Add at least 12-18 months to that before a PC release.

Not much more info in the press release other than the hoped for release year, the platforms it’ll release on, and the game location:

Grand Theft Auto VI continues our efforts to push the limits of what’s possible in highly immersive, story-driven open-world experiences,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We’re thrilled to be able to share this new vision with players everywhere.”

Grand Theft Auto VI heads to the state of Leonida, home to the neon-soaked streets of Vice City and beyond in the biggest, most immersive evolution of the Grand Theft Auto series yet. Watch Trailer 1 now at [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdBZY2fkU-0]

Banger of a trailer though. But aren’t they all these days?

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like