Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

Glad to say that it’s going really well with my second faction. Have only played Battle Mode since it’s nice and quick so can learn quickly. Got to feel sorry for the other people.

1 Like

Which faction(s) do you play with. I went with monsters because I want the Elder leader. He is one of the coolest characters in Blood & Wine.

Edit: I’m an idiot. Obviously you use Monsters and Squirrels.

1 Like

Hehe yeah. Started with Monsters and played only with Monsters until now. Then started with the Squirrels. Or in my case a deck mostly focused on Elves.

Last season I got to Pro rank easily. This season I’ve been stuck on rank 2. Keep getting one win away from rank 1 and then I lose a couple in a row.

My deck from last season got nerfed and I’ve been trying out different ways to get it competitive again but I give up. It’s just not working. If you can’t beat them, join them. So I’ll try out some of the netdecks that’s currently beating everything else.

And I’m done. Can’t take losing anymore.

Previous seasons I had no problems whatsoever. Now with similar decks I just can’t progress. Just getting the worst luck with draws and I’m not enjoying it anymore.

I spent almost 250 hours in Gwent since earlier in the year and I think the time has come for something else.

1 Like

How do they nerf decks and such? Seems like a crappy thing to do to a card game…

2 Likes

The game evolves. So this season a lot of the leader abilities were replaced with new ones and a lot of cards had ability changes.

In theory I should just join people and play the strongest net decks. But man, I just can’t play the same as everyone else. So far I’ve gotten this far by creating my own decks and being creative. I don’t want to play a cookie-cutter deck. But it feels like it’s the only way to be competitive currently.

1 Like

Ya, I hear ya. Game mechanics have gone to crap by the sounds of things, basically…

OP decks or GTFO

2 Likes

I’m probably just salty because I suck currently. Haha oh well, it’s the way things go. Will stick to single player games.

2 Likes