Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

Gwent is now available on mobile!

Besides the Gwent in Witcher 3, I haven’t played the official game at all. It’s been available on PC and consoles for a long while. I didn’t even know.

I look forward to trying it out tonight. I know @Hiro plays. Do any other of you?

2 Likes

AWESOME! I’ve been waiting for this day…

2 Likes

I really don’t like Gwent after experiencing it in the Witcher 3.

3 Likes

Agree with you there, would rather have Slay The Spire on mobile than Gwent. Each to their own though and I’m sure @Wlad will love this.

2 Likes

The full blown Gwent game is quite different to the mini-game in the Witcher 3. I played it again for a couple of minutes the other evening for the first time in a year. It really is such a great game and a good time waster. I always hoped for a mobile release…

2 Likes

You are dead wrong my man. I do not play mobile games. I have a Switch for that.

1 Like

One sucky thing is that they changed the reward system this month which makes it very difficult to get new cards and in game rewards.

People are very angry.

1 Like

Those who would like to join, they now have a friend referral thing where we can both earn extra kegs and things if you make use of my link:

2 Likes

The last month I’ve just been playing Arena. Will start pushing for Pro rank from tonight.

1 Like

I had an amazing two evenings. Very happy. Up to rank 8 now.

2 Likes

While not exactly (the same)Gwent it is related so I’m posting it here…

I recently (re)started Thronebreaker on Switch. When I initially bought it it didn’t really click and I just left it alone. I am really enjoying it now. The story and voice acting is top notch, like you’d expect from CDPR and it actually does some interesting things with the Gwent formula.

There are lots of normal battles that work roughly the same as the multiplayer Gwent but it also has puzzle battles and battles with special conditions that spice things up a bit.

Definitely give it a try if you have an Xbone as it’s part of game pass (console only).

1 Like

I really want to play it since I love the system and it’s nice that it’s on Game Pass. The only sucky thing is that there’s free cards and things that I can use in the multiplayer game but only if I get it on pc. It may only be through GOG. Not sure.

That’s why I haven’t played that yet.

There’s a new Journey that started earlier in the week which is great.

Dropped a couple of ranks due to the new season that started but am up to rank 5 now. Want to push to get to pro rank before the end of the month.

1 Like

I am super proud to say that I finally did it!

Pro rank!

Oh man. It took about 200 hours to get here.

6 Likes

Well done! Pro in anything is a very respectable achievement!

2 Likes

And that, EA, is how a player feels a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Grats dude!

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I’m very happy. I normally feel so bad at games but I finally found one that I’m good at. I’ve always been very good at chess and like chess, I love how you can think in Gwent and win games even without a meta deck.

To move up in pro rank I will have to play with 4 different factions and I currently only have one. So next target is to get good with another faction. With 2 factions I would like to get into the top 100 leaderboard in Africa. Will do that over the next month.

3 Likes

All my time recently spent playing Thronebreaker has given me the itch for Gwent so I updated it this morning and started it up. Had to do all the tutorials again and seems all my progress since I last played has been wiped. I can deal with that though. I won my first match against a real opponent as well. I will definitely never be pro but I might play a round or two every now and then.

Thronebreaker is really great. Everytime I think I’ve reached the end it just takes me to another map filled with battles, loot and puzzles. Not that I’m complaining, it’s great.

1 Like

Glad to have you playing it too! I really need to play Thronebreaker at some stage.

1 Like

Just finished Thronebreaker. I really enjoyed it. The story was excellent and the voice acting was top notch. It took me 27 hours to complete and I missed some things along the way but I definitely got my money’s worth.

1 Like