Gyms - Are you going back?

Now that the gyms are open again, I had to make a big decision: Go back or be safe.

I read everything that Virgin Active sent me and decided to go back since I got so flabby over the last couple of months.

But man. People aren’t following the rules at my gym and there’s no supervision. Not sure if I should go back. I contacted Virgin Active and they actually replied quite quickly so hopefully they’ll do something about it.

Will you be going back to the gym?

• Already back
  • Thinking of it
  • Not going back
  • Don’t go to the gym

0 voters

1 Like

I voted thinking of it, even though I don’t go out to a public gym. I have my own. I’ve barely touched it this year…

I need to get back at it.

4 Likes

Other than for work puposes, I have never had a need nor a desite to go to a gym.

2 Likes

Hopefully I’ll get back to running. I also just do calisthenics at home.

2 Likes

I’ll go back when I get back to the UK.
Had a cool basic gym there that included swimming lessons for the kids.
The actual gym is small, but has 2 pools - one Olympic size and a smaller one for kids. Both heated. There is also various courts I’ve never looked into

1 Like

Im very close to going back, I honestly feel the worst of the pandemic is over.

I just don’t want to sign up and then they close a month later so Im just hanging on.

I have a friend who has a home gym setup but its not the same hardcore kind of awesome workout that the gym affords. Still better than doing push ups at home! * that voken sucks

2 Likes

I will go back since I use the gym mainly to swim and I desperately need that for my lower back. :weary:

However, going back to training on the actual gym floor and using equipment that is being touched by hundreds of other people is something that I am still deciding on. :thinking:

2 Likes

I went to the gym two days this week. Wanted to do 3 but I can barely move now. So sore.

The owner of the club contacted me and said they will enforce the rules more which is good. Will see if it happens. I hate complaining but this is a serious matter.

2 Likes

Ease into it man!

3 Likes

Overdid it a bit. Can’t believe how much it affected me.

Will take it a bit easier next week.

2 Likes

Yeah, you don’t wanna be like me and put your back out or something worse.

2 Likes

How is your back now? I forgot about that.

1 Like

Something I’ve always struggled with. It’s doing fine, but I think I could benefit from going to a physio/chiro but ain’t nobody got time or money for that. Must actually see if my insurance covers it or wait till it flares up again and pay the casualty a visit >_<

2 Likes

I’m counting the ice rink as a gym. They opened Friday, been twice already.

I can’t walk. Took it mostly easy. Pushed myself a little a few times, stopped when it felt I might pop my knee again.

Also managed to convince some kid Canada didn’t have naturally occurring ice until 1953.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Yeah, global cooling and all that stuff, right??

3 Likes

Nah, he’s one of those “tries so hard to be liked, no one likes him” kinds. He said something about “when they started building ice rinks in Canada around 70 years ago”. Of course I’m going to screw with him.

:speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Can anyone recommend a gym in the Honeydew/Randpark Ridge/Weltevreden Park area where they follow the COVID-19 safety regulations?

I’ve complained multiple times to my gym but there’s no supervision and half the people seemingly don’t believe in the virus. This is at Virgin Active Red Little Falls. They’ll walk around without masks. Come stand right next to me without masks and use the gym equipment that’s right next to mine that has a sign on to not use and just use it without a mask.

I used to go to the gym 5 days a week. Now I only go a couple of days. These days the gym is so busy and with no supervision it’s a cesspool.

2 Likes

Also, is there somewhere where I can report the club?

I reported them to Virgin Active now but I’ve complained multiple times in the past to no avail.

1 Like

That sucks Soli. And I remember you saying you’ve complained and received assurances of improvement before? Time to make it even more public and post a video or two showing the worst of the behaviors and rules being ignored, copying the local newspapers and the national news broadcasters, their head office, the health department and the police. But only after you’ve found a new gym.

It’s not just in gyms though. Is it a sign of the times? Is everyone collectively over stressed by everything happening. Why are so many people so rude and inconsiderate at the moment? I mean, more so than usual - we’re generally an aggressive and rude nation, but it’s so much worse at the moment. At least in my opinion. In the shops, in the traffic, even online, I’ve noticed. Never mind fluoride in the water. We need to start putting CBD oil into the water - the nation needs a serious chill out session.

3 Likes

Greg, I’m so frustrated by now. I’ve complained to the gym multiple times. I will just have to cancel and I don’t know what to do from there. People are so inconsiderate. I wish I can afford to set up my own home gym so that I just don’t have to see people ever again.

2 Likes