Harry Potter to get 10 year streaming series

Warner Bros. Discovery’s “new” streaming service - now simply called Max - was unveil earlier this week.

With it came an announcement that the original series of Harry Potter stories had been commissioned for a decade long series.

The scripted television series will be a faithful adaptation of the beloved original Harry Potter books written by J.K. Rowling

The new Max Original series will be available - at an unannounced date - on Max in the US and globally once produced.

On the subject of production, Rowling will be directly involved in a producers role.

“Max’s commitment to preserving the integrity of my books is important to me, and I’m looking forward to being part of this new adaptation which will allow for a degree of depth and detail only afforded by a long form television series,” Rowling said in the press release announcing the show.

Not surprisingly, the reaction to the news of both the TV series and Rowling’s involvement with it was less than glowing.

https://movieweb.com/fan-reactions-to-harry-potter-series-news-could-spell-trouble-for-hbos-reboot/

Season 1 may still be a few years away. Whether it’ll be enough time for the WBD Max spin merchants to downplay the controversy and brew up enough hype for a reboot from among a whole new generation of HP fans remains to be seen.

1 Like