Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

It’s one of the most beautiful games that I’ve ever played and being about half way in I can also say that it’s quite the experience. It’s definitely not a game for everyone.

From the makers of Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, and DmC: Devil May Cry, comes a warrior’s brutal journey into myth and madness.

Set in the Viking age, a broken Celtic warrior embarks on a haunting vision quest into Viking Hell to fight for the soul of her dead lover.

Created in collaboration with neuroscientists and people who experience psychosis, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice will pull you deep into Senua’s mind.

It won Best Performance, Best Audio Design and Games for Impact awards at the Game Awards.

Has anyone else played it? Thinking of playing it? What are your thoughts?

played about an hour of it, and havent touched it again mainly cause i havent sorted out the cooling (thermal paste related issue) onn my cpu yet. and i died twice already :pensive:

Hehe you can play on easy. Luckily I played Nioh recently which was crazy hard and it makes Hellblade feel very easy in comparison. I think a game like Nioh prepares you for all games except according to @Blazzok it doesn’t prepare you for Bloodborne.

Played it when it came out. Definitely one of my games of the year for last year. It was quite an experience.

I still want to play it, but haven’t bought it yet. Will wait for a Steam sale because I have enough things to play at the moment.

I got to experience Hellblade in 4k at rAge on one of those insane machines they had there. It looks incredibly amazing. I would love to play it, but alas, my PC would quiver and die in the corner if I so much as Google the game.

Play it on the PS4 then. Problem solved.

Hmm…I’ll be honest, I didn’t know it was on PS4. This is really good news indeed!!

I finished the game last night and it was great. I can definitely recommend it to people who are willing to play horror games. And when you finish it watch the feature that comes with it.

Apparently there’s going to be a sequel! Looking forward to that!

It’s on special current for PS4

1 Like

I see a bunch folk from these parts who have Hellblade on their Steam Wishlists (probably more than I’ve seen for any other game):

Capture

Good news if you’re still keen on it, especially if you’re VR enabled:

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice is a Steam Weekend Deal, now at 50% off!

At £12.49 / €14.99 / $14.99, this is our lowest ever Steam price. The discount will be available until Monday 10th September.

Anyone who purchases Hellblade on Steam will get the VR Edition for free, available on Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.

Saffers can get it for about R100 less than those international prices at R159.50

4 Likes