Help-A-Noob

Mmm…maybe not the best choice for your very first FPS.

Lol, Ja, I thought not…
I dont do anything half it seems…
Suggesstions to start?

If it’s your first one then you’re going to get slaughtered. And that stops being entertaining real fast. There are so many to choose from … maybe Borderlands 2

3 Likes

You can also try the old Call of Duty games to get into shooting (thats how i learnt) either Call of Duty 2, or Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Killing Floor 2 also has some really good gunplay.

3 Likes

Destiny 2 also

3 Likes

And just as a general fps note: headshots do more damage, and try to always have your gun pointed to where the enemys upper body would be located, and remember to look behind you every now and again, just to make sure you are not flanked.

3 Likes

Sit tight, little guy. If anyone gives you trouble, go for the eyes

2 Likes

To add that everyone already have said. Also I agree on apex might be too hectic for someone that is just starting. But sometimes that is where the fun is.

Use headphones they can give you much better sense of where noise are coming from and makes it much better to pinpoint things.

1 Like

That is my feeling as well…
It might just click and then I turn into this…

3 Likes

:yum:

3 Likes

My 2c worth: I agree with the notion of not starting your FPS journey with Apex. Or any other MP FPS game for that matter

Start off with some basing SP shooters to get the hang of things first, then gradually upgrade as you get the hang of how FPS mechanics work

1 Like

What would you suggest starting with?

1 Like

something that doesn’t have too many elements to it. just run of the mill aim and shoot. Maybe something in the lines of Half-Life or Serious Sam. Maybe Battlefield Bad Company 2

From there you can go on to more complex shooters like Titanfall and Destiny where you have abilities to manage as well. Bulletstorm is also a good one

2 Likes

Thnak you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

I second that, motion. Start with simple shooters like Half-Life, move to something like Spec-Ops or Sniper Elite and then hit Battlefield titles. Eventually you can move into more twitch shooters like CSGO or complex shooters like America’s Army

1 Like

If you want to play an fps game and feel ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AWESOME, play DOOM (2016) :smiley: as long as you don’t mind gore though

1 Like

@FunkyFaery if you do start playing Apex Legends be sure to do the training and spend some time there testing out all the different weapons. It may seem boring and you want to jump straight into the real action but it will be invaluable for you to get a comfortable sensitivity setting for your aiming.

The biggest mistake many inexperienced FPS players make is setting their mouse sensitivity WAY too high. Turn it right down and test it out in the training area. Then increase it bit by bit until it feels just right (in other words you find yourself aiming exactly where you intend to, also see if you can track the moving targets, that is, keep your crosshair on them as they move around). Once you have a sensitivity you like stick with it, don’t adjust for a while at least, to train you reflexes. This will give you the biggest advantage in getting started.

2 Likes

Ah the good old satire of the Onion. So so good because of the tiny element of truth in it.

2 Likes