Help-A-Noob

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of playing Apex Legends…
I have NEVER played a FPS game in my LIFE before and only ever played WoW. I did not do raids or play with other people, so this will be a completely new thing for me.

Advise here would be great… I do have people that I can play with, my Husband and about 6 of our friends already play, so there will be sympathy for this noob… I am just worried that I will totally crash and burn and fail HORRIBLY…

So any advice and tips would be awesome. I am currently on YouTube and watching the videos for the beginners, but having never played FPS before, I am still a bit concerned…

Thank you all

7 Likes

First things first, I gave up on being the best years ago, i do the best I can and try to keep up in FPS games - especially since they tend to make me motionsick

It takes practice and I am sure the husband and friends will be able to teach you ? Otherwise I will let the guys give tips

1 Like

You will die…

…a tremendous amount of times.

Sing after me :

Just keep shooting,
Just keep shooting,
Just keep shooting shooting shooting,
What do we do we shoot shoot shoot

Ha ha ha ha ha ha I love to shoot when,
When you come just shoot shoot shoot

5 Likes

Oh yes, I have seen that you die more than anything else in the game… And being the first time I attempt a FPS, I am sure I will not last the first 30seconds… lol

1 Like

Apex Legends can be good for a noob that cannot shoot, by focusing on supportive roles and/or as spotter. If you are the one that causes distraction for those with l33t skillz to ambush teams, you become very useful to the team.

Also in Apex you’ll be able to be like the spotter, the person finding enemy locations, items and weapons.

3 Likes

I am VERY good at spotting things…
My gaming kryptonite is Hidden Object type games…

I swear, I am not a 50 year old woman who collects cats… Even though I have 2…

3 Likes

Thing is 90% of randoms are l33t or they just do their own thing.

1 Like

Not on console mind you. I swear Microsoft must think I am below useless because I get paired up with the most inaccurate rando’s when playing Apex.

I think the best way to get better is to get stuck in and play, and learn as you go

I had no friends playing it at the time - and everyone just plays for themselves which got infuriating. It’s best played with people you know.

I say ditch Apex Legends and join me/us in Warframe!

Co-op PvE, third-person not first-person, and enough content to keep you going for 1,000 hours+.

Edit: Also it’s free-to-play. You can literally unlock everything (except certain cosmetics) without spending a cent.

4 Likes

Initially try and jump to locations that are secluded and where there are none else, if you are able try to get a location where there is basically none around you at all, avoid the blue higlighted areas and dropship untill you get used to the game and you are confortable with multiple weapons since firefights break out quickly in those areas.

Dying is a given do not be discuraged by it, we also live in SA you may notice sometimes getting screwed by ping, there is nothing one can do about that.

Use guerilla tactics, flanking and “stealth” stick to places where you can hide in cover from snipers. Only try and engage enemies you know you have a high chance of killing, and notify your team if you are engaging the enemy, or even when you are test firing a weapon. Take notice when engering an area if it has been looted before, or signs of any enemies, bloodhound is very goog at this. Use your ping system to notify your team, even if you are on voice, pinging the correct position can be life or death for your team. Also remember to ping hight tier loot for you team to notify them in case they need to upgrade their gear.

The heroes in the game matter, but not too much since most engagements rely on actual shooting prowess, but try and avoid picking Gebralter as he is believed to have a bigger hit-box than the other heroes

The circle closes slowly at first, so do not panic when the timer is up, being the last in the circle is sometimes a good thing as it makes flanking the other teams that are in the circle easier. But be carefull not to be kept outside of the circle due to a firefight, it can make things a bit stressfull which causes mistakes.

Some weapons have bullet drop, be wary of this, also do not be affraid to drop your current weapon for one you are more comfortable with, just make sure you get enough ammo to use it. Try to have varying weapons, you get a total of two, for example: a short to medium range assult rifle, with a long range sniper rifle.

3 Likes

I swear I am gonna put a ban in place for Warframe aka the game that will not be named. . . .

1 Like

Just yesterday you demanded that I write an article about Warframe everyday!

3 Likes

I know, its me just missing the game sooooooo much! It triggers a weird sad reaction. But @FunkyFaery I can agree with Sigstart that Warframe is an amazing game (it just makes me so motion sick now) And I miss the game so much!

1 Like

What’s the issue here? Warframe is awesome!

The most sensible thing written on this forum since Monday

3 Likes

Thank you SO much!!
This is what I have noticed from watching the guys play:

Stay hidden
Shoot, shoot, shoot
Zipline
Blue Chest here
They flanked us ffs
Ring is closing

I might start playing and actually see that I am not that bad at it… I mean, I was pretty good at Duck Hunt… That counts for something…right?

4 Likes

Are you my doppelganger?

Good luck, Apex legends is hard, i love FPS games and this one drives me insane. i have yet to get a single kill…

1 Like

actually started that last weekend. Its fun.

2 Likes

Sssshhhhhhhh… Don’t tell anyone…

I have never played a FPS in my LIFE before so this will be the first for me…

2 Likes