Hi-Fi Rush Official Thread

I dont see many people talk about this game, so here is a thread for discussion.

I installed the game on a whim to try and get over my gaming burnout. Hi-Fi Rush is not a traditional gane i would play or a genre im particularly interested in. But man is this damn game fun.

The whole game is a rhythm game, where combat and exploration all happens on the beat. While you’re perfectly capable of doing everything by button mashing, getting the prompts right and on the beat normally gets you a bigger bonus to damage or other abilities.

The graphics and cell-shading visual art style is amazing and fits the theme of the game so well.

So far ive just played the first hour or so, and its just awesome fun.

Gere is what critics think of the game:

4 Likes

I also downloaded and played it last night for about an hour or so. The music is AMAZING (really up my alley for type) and the rhythm pumping through everything, from the environment and enemies to Chai as he walks is fantastic.

Add to that the best cell shading this side of Spiderverse and it is the most unique game in ages. It reminds me of the type of games releases 20 years ago, like Jet Set Radio or Crazy Taxi, where new ideas and style were not considered risky business decisions, but rather a creative choice.

3 Likes

This game has been praised left and right and centre. Definitely keen to give it a go once I’m done with my current single player game.

2 Likes