High DPI or Low DPI Gamer?

+1
Mouse acceleration should always be off yeah !

1 Like

no clue but I think its pretty sensitive because I need to get around game menu’s and inventory screens pretty swiftly, then I use the game’s sensitivity slider to dial it back for actual gameplay if needed.

1 Like

The Hex only has 6 (or 7?) thumb buttons, hence the name. He normal Naga has 12 thumb buttons, which I absolutely love. I still have my Naga Molten running smoothly after more than 5 years.

I’d love to replace it with the new Naga Trinity.

2 Likes

Well yeah the Naga is 1 step up from the hex. Even having 7 extra thumb buttons for me is over kill.
I only need 2 at most, can even do with one. Only use it for coms, as I am not a fan of coms not being on push to talk.

That Naga Molten is a very sexy mouse yeah!

The G5 is still the best mouse I ever owned. I probably used it daily for 12+ hours a day for 10+ years I reckon. Still have it somewhere, not sure if it still works 100%. But I loved it to bits.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I personally enjoy the loads of thumb buttons. I got the Naga specifically for MMORPG purposes and it was in a league of its own when I played Guild Wars 2 almost religiously. Since then I’ve also gotten a G602 with 6 thumb buttons, which is also quite handy when gaming. I always bind me most-used weapons in FPS / RPG games to the thumb buttons, or (like in my most recent excursion in Divinity Original Sin EE) I bound the party member shortcuts to the thumb buttons, instead of the F keys.

If you are used to using all the macros on a mouse then it is amazing. Since I am mainly a FPS player, even though I played the living hell out of WoW and GW I always used to bind and make macros for my KB.

@Donisia you must have some serious wrist issues with that high DPI/CPI . Unless your windows Mouse sens is set very low to cancel that out

See for me the hex and naga has too many buttons - I thought I wanted them for the same reason for mmos. But I didnt think it through - because my thumb tip is missing, I use the big pad of my thumb, plus missing about half a centimetre from the tip of the thumb, I struggle to find the buttons. Something like what Donsie is using is what I am looking for.
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Alienware-KKMH5-MODMUO-3-Button/dp/B00C6DZH9S

That is what I am currently using. Love it but I do miss the 2 thumb buttons on the side.

1 Like

No wrist issues :grin: i change to a different setting in certain games

1 Like

I have had my Logitech G402 for the better part of many years, but I do have gripes, even though at the time, it was my dream mouse to own.

• Side buttons: they’re sharp. I think it’s designed for a simple and quick upward thumb movement. It has a curved but sharp (triangular) design. I want side buttons that are more or less flush with the overall design of the mouse.
  • DPI sensitivity: it can only be tuned (adjusted) in increments of 80DPI; would have been nice to be able to increase it by 10DPI increments - sadly not an option.

I want a mouse that fits well the shape of my hand, so palm grip would be ideal, RGB and DPI adjustment as explained above. Then, side buttons that are larger and smooth to the touch, feeling like it’s part of the mouse.

1 Like

Razer Death Adder or Roccat Kone Xtd. I would suggest either of those 2 for what you are describing

1 Like

This is what my work mouse is set up to… 6000dpi is where im at currently… You get used to it surprisingly quickly…

1 Like

That is madness

1 Like

This… is not even Spatha…

Neeman Martha! Gin mens kan leef met 6000dpi !

What is your windows sensitivity on?
6000dpi can not be fun at all

1 Like

Working on 2 screens, Its fucking magical… Flick of the wrist and you can go completely across both screens… If you try it and get used to it i promise you wont regret it…

And its hilarious if someone else tries to do something on my PC :rofl:

Windows Mouse sensitivity?

1 Like

2 Likes

O yes, but those have nothing to do with the DPI? do they?

Depends on if you use the Lazer or the buttons to mouse the mouse.
I click left to move the pointer left. Click right to move the pointer right. Scroll up to move it up, and scroll down to move it down.

1 Like

I think my dpi setting is between 800 and 1800 not sure to be honest since i can’t find the specs on my MX518.

I normally tweak my sensitivity in games. In the call of duty days it was always set to 11.

1 Like