High DPI or Low DPI Gamer?

Yes, this was on MyGaming, but does this look like MyGaming?

What mouse are you using and do you use a mousepad (cloth or hard)?

I’m a 500-800 DPI gamer, mind you, my in-game sensitivity is increased to allow for faster 90-180 degree movement (turns).

Also, I have 3 mousepads, 2 hard, 1 cloth. Using my hard (Speed) Steelseries mousepad.

Comment below; let us know! :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit:

3 Likes

Wow that is slow, although it does depend on you screen resolution as well. Higher resolutions require higher DPI.
I game at about 2000 DPI for the most part (I have a 1440p screen), but I also have a DPI shift button (Logitech G502) which I use when I snipe for greater accuracy.

1 Like

I actually don’t know what my DPI setting is. I should check that out, but I don’t think it’s that low. Most games I never bother with changing the mouse sensitivity, just change the DPI on my mouse. Currently playing most games on either the second highest or the highest, though it does differ from game to game.

2 Likes

My DPI is usually 400, prefer super slow DPI as I have a huge mouse pad. So I do the lift mouse technique rapidly if I need to do 180s as an example.
DPI on its own is not that relevant without taking the in game mouse sens and window sens into account.
My Window mouse sens is on the 5th slider (middle I think), and in CSGO as an example it is on 1.73 if I am not mistaken.

These mice with 25000000 DPI is such a gimmick as it will NEVER get used to that extent.

1 Like

I don’t know. Does my mouse even have a DPI? I just have the standard windows settings.

2 Likes

All mice have a DPI. It is either a set DPI, can be changed via a switch on the mouse itself (Not Software related), or it can be done via the software for the mouse.

*What mouse do you have?

1 Like

I don’t know. Its just some random laser mouse. Definitely not a gaming mouse.

1 Like

I actually have no idea. Will have to take a look when I am home. I never fiddle with the sensitivity much, some games I do up the sensitivity, I dont have a huge mouse pad and I use a small area on it.

1 Like

If I had to guess, normal mice probably have a DPI of between 800-1000 id reckon. Might be mistaken though

1 Like

I’m around 600-800. But I also don’t really have a gaming mouse. But I will have soon. As soon as I can afford the Logitech G900

3 Likes

I know I am using a hand me down alienware mouse. I used to have a naga hex - but I am looking for a new mouse - problem is most gaming mice are huge - I have small hands.

2 Likes

Look into Steel Series then, their mice tend to be much smaller than the rest

2 Likes

Yea I just need to find a shop that will let me “fondle their mice”

After the naga hex which I loved - the only reason I stopped using it is my spare at my brother’s place. And I need less buttons.

1 Like

Yeah the Hex is lekker if you have 101 Macros for wow or something similar. Otherwise it is a waste. Most places should have a display mice. Just ask the lady at the counter if she will let you fondle her mouse

2 Likes

dont ask her that.

2 Likes

haha yep that is the idea - but that will be only nov - its what I want for my birthday

1 Like

But why not?

Just to clarify, the Mouse or the the lady at the counter part?

1 Like

the mouse - not the lady thank you very much.

2 Likes

Getting a proper gaming mouse did wonders for my FPS gaming.

For CSGO I have my mouse set at 400 DPI and in-game at about 2.2 - The lower sensitivity gives me a lot more accuracy when aiming. It does take a bit of getting used to but once you get a feel for it it helps a lot.

In PUBG I’ve got my mouse on about 800 DPI - for Overwatch too. I’m not to sure about the in-game sensitivity but I play around until it feels right.

In general I find that “default” senstivity to be too high or twitchy for me and my aim suffers as a result. Once I’ve changed it I definitely do better at the game.

I use 1000 DPI for desktop usage.

2 Likes

I game between 1200 - 1600 DPI at 1080p on a 23inch monitor, with a hard mouse pad (steel series)

Also if you are using specific DPI settings make sure you turn off windows mouse acceleration/Enhanced pointer precision or it changes sensitivity on the fly so your movement is not 1:1

1 Like