Homeworld 3 announced

I don’t think there is an existing category this will fit into, so I just made a new one.

Any fans of the series out there? My brother played the originals for hundreds of hours, so he’s understandably ecstatic about this. Still a ways off though; they’re only in pre-production now.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I think Gearbox’s decision to crowdfund its development and offer shares in the game is interesting.

They’ve already raised close to $500,000 and I reckon many of those have hit the “Invest” button rather than the “Pledge” button.

1 Like

Interesting indeed. I find it intriguing that they are doing this apparently to garner player feedback and involvement in the development, rather than just raise money. Maybe something of what CIG have done with Star Citizen has resonated with other developers.

1 Like

I read the announcement over the weekend and promptly jumped into Deserts of Kharak again to try and complete the campaign. I managed to progress further in one mission due to limited time, but it was a lot of fun. It’s the perfect Homeworld / Dune mashup.

2 Likes

I own it and have yet to start playing it. So many games, so little time… It does look gorgeous though.

1 Like