How picky of an eater are you

I’ll save you the pictures, but here is a deep fried tarantula recipe:

Ingredients

• 2 cups canola or vegetable oil
  • 2 frozen adult Texas brown, Chilean rose, or similar-sized tarantulas, thawed
  • 1 cup tempura batter
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika

Preparation

1. In a deep saucepan or deep-fat fryer, heat the oil to 350°F.
  1. With a sharp knife, sever and discard the abdomens from the two tarantulas. Singe off any of the spider’s body hairs with a crème brûlée torch or butane cigarette lighter.
  2. Dip each spider into the tempura batter to thoroughly coat. Use a slotted spoon or your hands to make sure each spider is spread-eagled (so to speak) and not clumped together before dropping it into the hot oil.
  3. Deep-fry the spiders, one at a time, until the batter is lightly browned, about 1 minute. Remove each spider from the oil and place it on paper towels to drain.
  4. Use a sharp knife to cut each spider in two lengthwise. Sprinkle with the paprika and serve. Encourage your guests to try the legs first and, if still hungry, to nibble on the meat-filled mesothorax, avoiding the spider’s paired fangs, which are tucked away in the head region.
1 Like

You don’t eat 3 out of 87 things on this list!

I would try this, especially the crunchy parts

Tofu is on my list too, though I would eat good tofu if it’s put in front of me with some kind of broth. I just wouldn’t willingly order it.

You can use your bio for such purposes if you want :wink:

1 Like

Bio? Where?

Edit: oh

1 Like

2 Likes

For a second I was like… whats with the Bioware logo and the chicken. Then I got it and I was going to post something like ‘laaaaaaaaaame!’ but then realized it had taken me a second to figure it out so I decided to rather not do that.

2 Likes

i dont eat red meat and pork so not too surprising

2 Likes

But thats like the two basic food groups. Everything else is just seasoning.

5 Likes

I’m shocked it wasn’t higher. This was me growing up:

2 Likes

60 out of 87. Jip extremely picky as expected.

Dude you just won the interwebs for knowing George Carlin

I have this album on vinyl . . . .

2 Likes

Who doesn’t know George Carlin? My brother and I had a chance to see him live, and we decided it was too expensive… One of my biggest regrets in life.

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly.
If he were still around, he’d probably be banned.

3 Likes

So many people do not know him! It is sad!

2 Likes

You don’t need those kinds of people in your life.

3 Likes

I totally agree

1 Like

7/87 But probably because at least 10 or 15 of those things I don’t know what it is or haven’t had it yet. I’m not a picky eater except for liver and kidney, SIES! But where I do excell in my weirdness is literally picking the meat away from the bone, skin and fat of meat and chicken. People stare when I eat those foods.

1 Like

Celery, coconut (thanks being 17 and malibu) and goats cheese

I eat kidney in a pie, but not anywhere else so 3 or 4 depending on how you see it

1 Like

1 Like