I got to play Destiny 2 on a 65-inch Nvidia gaming monitor at CES

I got to play Destiny 2 on a 65-inch Nvidia gaming monitor at CES

One of my experiences / articles from CES. Was so much fun chatting to the guys from Nvidia at CES.

2 Likes

You just want to make us jelly dont ya?

1 Like

I agree this thread very much looks like it’s only here to brag :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just want ya’ll to be proud of l’il Grand Poobah.

2 Likes

That is huge.

That’s what sh- ah nevermind.

2 Likes

Did they at least let you keep the monitor after subjecting you to Destiny 2?

1 Like

Bit late to the party, but some questions @SIGSTART :

So is this technology really that much better than a normal TV to justify the cost? I assume there was no mention of the price these monitors would be, but I cannot think they would be cheap. Then, one of the best arguments for these types of monitors would be the lack of input lag. Did you experience this, or did it feel similar to a normal TV? I wonder if the benefit of input lag would translate to console gaming?

No mention of an official RRP or exact specs, no. The displays they had there were engineering samples, so things might change between now and launch.

Input lag was one of the biggest arguments they used, and to be honest I have no basis for comparison. (The other big feature was G-sync’s ability to match refresh rate with whatever the graphics card was putting out.)

They had a wireless keyboard and mouse hooked up and the game played great. The responsiveness was excellent.

However, I have never hooked my PC up to my TV and played games on it, so I can’t say if Nvidia’s high refresh G-sync based displays were noticably better.

All I know is that it was incredible and I want a set up like that for my wife and I one day.

1 Like