Idle Observatory - Click, Click, Stars!

im on 8000 power atm, just upgraded 5 minutes ago. I’m re employing the “upgrade every double”, since the speed has now improved such that i can quickly catch up :smiley:

3 Likes

Is it cheating if I look at “Attributions” under settings

Then I would say 12 :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Flip… Totally forgot about that.

:joy:

3 Likes

Well… I know what the one after ELT is called… :smiley:

4 Likes

I made an account on MEW just so that I could post on this thread, because Entity isn’t accepting friend requests on Discord :joy:

I did my first reset at 25% and then realised my mistake. My second reset was at 27000% when it became clear that it would take a very long time to reach the Deep Space Observatory.

Just updated the app a few hours ago. Currently working my way back to the Space Telescope.

The supernova still happen out of the frame, and the x4 x16 x32 factors that used to sit on each item now have really wonky percentages instead?

Also, as an Astrophysicist and Space engineer, I am scientifically honour-bound to inform you that the SKA will cost more than the ELT.

5 Likes

Sorry about that. I’ve sent a request to you now. But now you’re here which is good too :slight_smile:

I noticed that too, will restrict it even more.

They previously didn’t include the data upgrade boost, but now it does.

Thank you for that. I have no idea and just guessed expecting someone who knows better to let me know.

3 Likes

Of course it will. Part of it is being built in South Africa. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I think the numbers are off somehow. Will see if I can take screenshot to show, but I was away for 1 hour 20 minutes and earned 1.something Qi. But when I go to ad boost it says +1 hour income at 3.6Qi. So either the ad boost is more than an hour or my time away isn’t counting enough?

3 Likes

There does seem to be a glitch with the return time amount. The 1 hour bonus one is correct. I’m busy testing it right now to try send a quick patch.

You are all too clever and catch all the small niggles :slight_smile:

unplayable? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Snuck a small patch through lastnight hopefully fixing a few things and at the same time threw in the upgrades top bar navigation and a new piece of music.

3 Likes

It makes a huge difference - I did the reset on sunday, did the 5000% upgrade at 10pm last night and I am already further ahead this morning than I was ever. Im close to my first ELT - 6 hours to wait - I will boost again in 2 hours - I try to log in every 2 hours to claim the max away bonus during the day as many times as I can

2 Likes

With a 27000% bonus I blew right through the first six structures in a matter of minutes with some vigorous tapping and the new 5x bonuses.

I’ve found that with this version (haven’t done the newest upgrade yet) targeting the supernova is by far the most effective way earn money, as I am getting ridiculous bonuses for them. Moreso than the boost or the two-hourly doubling. I get between 4-8 hours (I estimate) of income with a single supernova, and they come around every 30 seconds to 2 minutes. With just four supernova I bought a third space telescope after taking these screenies, which I will now attempt to embed.

4 Likes

Is the supernova that little shiny star that you are talking about?

2 Likes

Yes, the one that blinks every now and then, twinkles for a bit before fading? I assumed they were supposed to be supernova because they’re a giant explosion in space that are scientifically valuable…

3 Likes

I didnt know what to call them lol

2 Likes

Impressive. I enjoy seeing the numbers and how each person plays differently.

3 Likes

Yea…you really get bitten if you upgrade too early too often…but I suspect it “levels out” a bit in the late game as the punishment hurts less and less relatively (going from every 10000 to every 20000 hurts a lot more than when you go from 80000 to 90000).

3 Likes

I get trigger happy at 500% already, I can’t imagine 5000% or 25000%

2 Likes

I could have tried waiting but the advantages of the wait is much better - I have reached the same point I was in the game in 2 days than the 20 days I played

2 Likes