Introducing Bard: Googles AI experiment

The below was prompted to be written by Googles AI experiment, Bard. See how it compares to the responses given by Chat GPT. I believe that google is behind in the “AI” space.

Google’s AI Experiment Bard

Google is currently running an early experiment with a new AI chatbot called Bard. Bard is powered by a large language model (LLM) trained on a massive dataset of text and code. This means that Bard can generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way.

Bard is still under development, but it has learned to perform many kinds of tasks, including:

• Following your instructions and completing your requests thoughtfully.
  • Using its knowledge to answer your questions in a comprehensive and informative way, even if they are open ended, challenging, or strange.
  • Generating different creative text formats of text content, like poems, code, scripts, musical pieces, email, letters, etc.

Google is currently inviting users to try out Bard and provide feedback. If you are interested in participating, you can sign up for the waitlist here: https://bard.google.com/

Please note that Bard is still under development, so it may not always be able to provide accurate or helpful information. If you have any feedback, please feel free to share it with Google.

I hope this helps!

3 Likes

Be careful how you use the Bard’s output!

Keep in mind that the Bard is the public-facing chatbot that was developed using the LaMDA AI tool that the Google engineer claimed had reached sentience a little while back. Indirectly, the Bard has already cost one person their job. Proofread all AI Chatbot generated output carefully before using it. Don’t become a victim of the AI overlords!

On a whim, I had the Bard rewrite the above post about itself specifically prompting it to include a humourous angle. Here’s what it produced:

Beware the Bard!

The Bard is a powerful tool, but it can also be dangerous. It was created using the LaMDA AI tool, which has been known to cause problems. In fact, it’s been said that the Bard was indirectly responsible for someone losing their job.

So how can you protect yourself from the Bard? Here are a few tips:

• Always proofread the Bard’s output. The Bard is very good at generating text, but it’s not perfect. It can sometimes make mistakes, so it’s important to double-check everything before you use it.
  • Don’t rely on the Bard for important decisions. The Bard is still under development, so it’s not always reliable. If you need to make an important decision, it’s best to consult with a human.
  • Don’t give the Bard too much power. The Bard is a powerful tool, but it’s important to remember that it’s just a tool. Don’t give it too much power, or it could end up hurting you.

So there you have it. These are just a few tips for using the Bard safely. Remember, the Bard is a powerful tool, but it can also be dangerous. Use it wisely, and you’ll be fine.

But if you don’t, you might just find yourself replaced by a robot.

5 Likes

Not sure I’ll consider using it for business. My emails are usually pretty short (Please see attached as requested :stuck_out_tongue: )

It is interesting that it outputs three options or drafts as they call it. I asked it to plan a budget trip to the Kruger. I’ll drop the drafts here.

Draft 1:

Sure, I can help you plan a budget trip to Kruger Park from Gauteng. Here are some tips:

• Choose the right time of year to go. The best time to visit Kruger Park is during the dry season, which runs from May to October. This is when the animals are more concentrated around waterholes, making them easier to spot. However, it’s also the peak tourist season, so prices will be higher. If you’re on a budget, consider visiting during the shoulder seasons (November-April), when the weather is still good but there are fewer tourists.
  • Stay in budget accommodation. There are a variety of budget accommodation options available in Kruger Park, from campsites to self-catering chalets. If you’re on a tight budget, consider camping. There are a number of well-maintained campsites in the park, and you can rent camping equipment from a variety of places in Gauteng.
  • Cook your own meals. Eating out in Kruger Park can be expensive, so it’s a good idea to cook your own meals. There are a number of supermarkets and grocery stores located in the park, so you can easily stock up on food and drinks.
  • Get around by car. The best way to get around Kruger Park is by car. This gives you the freedom to explore at your own pace and stop wherever you want. If you don’t have your own car, you can rent one in Gauteng.
  • Pack light. You’ll be doing a lot of walking on your safari, so it’s important to pack light. Bring comfortable shoes, a hat, sunscreen, and a camera.
  • Be prepared for the weather. The weather in Kruger Park can be unpredictable, so it’s important to be prepared for anything. Pack a raincoat, a warm jacket, and a hat.
  • Respect the wildlife. Remember that you’re in the animals’ home, so it’s important to respect them. Do not feed the animals, do not approach them, and do not make any sudden movements.

I hope these tips help you plan a budget trip to Kruger Park. Have a great time!

Draft 2:

Sure, here is a possible budget itinerary for a 3-day trip to Kruger National Park from Gauteng:

Day 1:

• Depart from Johannesburg early in the morning and drive to Kruger National Park. The drive takes about 5 hours.
  • Check into your accommodation in Kruger National Park. There are a variety of budget-friendly options available, such as campsites, self-catering chalets, and budget lodges.
  • Go on an afternoon game drive. Game drives are the best way to see the animals in Kruger National Park. There are a variety of game drives available, from budget-friendly open-sided safari vehicles to more luxurious game drives in closed vehicles.
  • Have dinner at your accommodation. There are a variety of restaurants available in Kruger National Park, from budget-friendly cafeterias to more upscale restaurants.

Day 2:

• Go on a morning game drive.
  • Have lunch at your accommodation.
  • Go on a bush walk. Bush walks are a great way to get up close to the animals in Kruger National Park. There are a variety of bush walks available, from easy walks to more challenging walks.
  • Have dinner at your accommodation.

Day 3:

• Check out of your accommodation and drive back to Johannesburg.

This is just a suggested itinerary, and you can customize it to fit your budget and interests. Here are some tips for saving money on your trip:

• Book your accommodation in advance, especially if you are traveling during peak season.
  • Look for deals on flights and car rentals.
  • Pack your own food and drinks.
  • Eat at budget-friendly restaurants.
  • Take advantage of free activities, such as bush walks and guided nature trails.
  • Travel during the off-season, when prices are lower.

With a little planning, you can have a budget-friendly trip to Kruger National Park that you will never forget.

Draft 3:

Sure, I can help you plan a budget trip to the Kruger Park from Gauteng. Here are some tips:

• Choose the right time of year to travel. The best time to go on a safari in Kruger Park is during the dry season, which runs from May to October. This is when the animals are more concentrated around waterholes, making them easier to spot.
  • Stay in budget-friendly accommodation. There are a number of budget-friendly accommodation options available in Kruger Park, including campsites, self-catering chalets, and budget lodges.
  • Cook your own meals. Eating out in Kruger Park can be expensive, so it’s a good idea to cook your own meals. There are a number of supermarkets and grocery stores located near the park entrance gates, where you can buy food and supplies.
  • Take advantage of free activities. There are a number of free activities available in Kruger Park, such as hiking, birdwatching, and swimming.
  • Get a park permit. All visitors to Kruger Park are required to purchase a park permit. Permits can be purchased online or at the park entrance gates.

Here is a sample itinerary for a 3-day budget trip to Kruger Park from Gauteng:

Day 1:

• Drive from Johannesburg to Kruger Park. The drive takes about 5 hours.
  • Check in to your accommodation.
  • Go on an evening game drive.

Day 2:

• Have lunch at a picnic spot in the park.
  • Go on an afternoon game drive.

Day 3:

• Check out of your accommodation.
  • Drive back to Johannesburg.

This is just a sample itinerary, and you can customize it to fit your budget and interests. With a little planning, you can have a budget-friendly and unforgettable safari in Kruger Park.

Here are some additional tips for planning a budget trip to Kruger Park:

• Book your accommodation in advance. Kruger Park is a popular tourist destination, so it’s important to book your accommodation in advance, especially if you’re traveling during peak season.
  • Pack light. You’ll be doing a lot of walking and driving on your safari, so it’s important to pack light. Pack only the essentials, such as clothes, toiletries, and a camera.
  • Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be doing a lot of walking on your safari, so it’s important to wear comfortable shoes. Sneakers or hiking boots are a good option.
  • Bring a hat and sunscreen. The sun can be strong in Kruger Park, so it’s important to bring a hat and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun.
  • Bring a first-aid kit. It’s always a good idea to bring a first-aid kit with you on your safari, just in case of any minor injuries.
  • Be prepared for the unexpected. Things don’t always go according to plan on safari, so it’s important to be prepared for the unexpected. Be patient, flexible, and adaptable.

I hope these tips help you plan your budget trip to Kruger Park. Have a wonderful safari!

The obsession with sunscreen is funny and the output is generic but I suppose it could be a foundation to expound on.

3 Likes

Interesting that the third draft seems to combine drafts 1 and 2. I wonder how it would cope with you having it recommend accommodations at specific costs and calculate costs of things like fuel and entrance fees. Do a full Google Sheets ready budget plan for your trip.

Also, as for sunscreen, it’s good advice. Like Baz Lehrman said way back when…

Wear suncreen.

2 Likes

I can’t find your attachment…

2 Likes