It Takes Two Baby! Is this the perfect couples game?

Described by game director Josef Fares (A Way Out, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons) as a "romantic comedy" It Takes Two is the second game developed by Fares' Hazelight Studios in Sweden, and, like its predecessor A Way Out, it will also only be playable as a two-player cooperative game, in either local or online split-screen.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/it-takes-two-baby/
2 Likes

I think they need to add It Takes Two to this list:

3 Likes

Preview reviews agree with me too:

2 Likes

But have you played it with your significant other?

2 Likes

Sadly, gaming is not something the otherwise wonderful Mrs Redd has any interest in. Candy Crush on her phone is her at peak gaming level. Luckily, Kid Redd is more into a bit of gaming, and she and @Pamar are going to give it a try :grinning:

2 Likes

Reviews are skewing positive…

OpenCritic at 88 after 45 reviews:

Metacritic (PC) currently 89 after 13 reviews:

9/10 from IGN:

80% from PC Gamer:

9.25/10 from gameinformer:

1 Like

I think the biggest factor at play here and what I’ve heard is the major tipping point is the subject matter that it portrays. I wonder if the plot/story was of a different nature if it would score even higher. Sounds as though the biggest and most enjoyable factor is coming from the gameplay.

2 Likes

I must see if the missus will be keen to play it with me. She’s not a gamer but in the early days of our marriage before the kids came along we played and finished Super Mario Brothers Wii together!

1 Like