Judge wants to ban sharp knives

A judge wants the points of kitchen knives to be rounded and blunted to reduce the number of young men dying from stab wounds in street attacks.

Judge Nic Madge said ordinary kitchen knives were causing a “soaring loss of life”, rather than more heavily regulated large-bladed weapons.

He was speaking at Luton Crown Court at a ceremony to mark his retirement.

Knife crime rose by 22% in England and Wales in 2017, according to the Office for National Statistics.

“Kitchens contain lethal knives which are potential murder weapons and only butchers and fishmongers need eight or 10 inch kitchen knives with points,” the judge said.

He wants manufacturers to produce knives with rounded points for domestic use and those with points to be sold under strict rules.

In past two months in Bedfordshire, 77 knife related street attacks went through the courts, with three deaths and 44 injuries.

Major cities across the country have seen increases in knife crime,

Image caption
Judge Nic Madge demonstrates how ordinary kitchen knives used in stabbing could be ground down
The government has launched a £1.35m advertising campaign on social media to fight knife crime using real life stories to target 10 to 21-year-olds.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd said: “I hope any young person who is seriously thinking about carrying a knife listens to what the implications can be.”

Judge Madge has been involved in several high profile cases involving violence and knife crime.

“You will never get rid of stabbings. There have always been stabbings, there always will be stabbings,” he said.

“All I’m trying to do it to reduce the numbers killed.”

Source

This is the world we live in now, where they want to “save us” with warning labels on obvious things like warm coffee and now this. I would love to know how this man’s mind works? We have become a generation of babying and hand holding and no more free thinking?

2 Likes

So people cant get a proper knife to prepare their food, but they can get hunting knifes over the counter at walmart…

The youth of today are fuckt…

1 Like

The UK is a meme:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Idiots, next they will tell me I can’t own a screw driver unless I am a registered handyman or a razor blade unless I can prove I am a barber

1 Like

You clearly havent seen Sweeny Tod :fearful:

1 Like

the guy who made human pies

You clearly have seen Sweeny Tod :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

read a short story on it. great source of protein

1 Like

Who among us can honestly say we haven’t thought of making pies out of human flesh at least once?

1 Like

Mmmm… pie

Poor emos are gonna have to find a new way to harm themselves

As an emo I find this offensive

1 Like

Technically not… A sharp knife doesnt need a pointy bit to leave a nice scar… :hugs:

Can you teach my grass to cut itself?

1 Like

True, I guess if it is rounded it is more like a scalpel, so maybe it is better suited