Knocking on Death's Door

"Now here's a game right up my alley." I knew it from the first glimpses and mentions that I came across of Death's Door, an action-adventure RPG in the mould of classic Zelda games. When the game released on Game Pass I was quick to download it and launch into its intriguing and quirky world.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/p/94e8092b-c927-404a-99a0-e351a2a08dda/
1 Like

but what? The article ends in a cliff hanger.

1 Like

I thought it was just my side, or that my connection was shoddy at the time.

1 Like

It does look like the end is missing.

1 Like

The problem in question, not to mention the unsightly comment section, another reason I thought it was my browser or connection.

What?!?!?! Noooooo! This was saved as a draft, I was still working on it.

No sure if I did something wrong there.

1 Like

Just went into Ghost to check and it’s still listed as a draft?

Yet clearly it is published. I’ll try get the end bit sorted out as soon as possible this afternoon so that y’all aren’t left hanging.

3 Likes

I think I’ve worked out what happened. And don’t panic… the actual article is not published on the main site. What we’re seeing from the OP link is still only a preview. Notice the URL still has the weird code, not your article title. And if you check the main site you won’t see it.

What happens at the moment is that when you first do a Preview of a new post from the Ghost editor, (or when you Publish if you haven’t previewed at all,) Discourse creates a new topic for that post. That’s this one were in now.

In the past that topic would be live and visible to everyone immediately, which is why we were asked not to preview our posts.

That problem has since been resolved. Now when the Preview post topic is created, it’s automatically set to an Unlisted state. The topic is not visible to standard users, but is to site admins.

The topic will stay in that state, even after you do actually publish your article, until one of two things happens: either an Admin manually changes it’s state from Unlisted to Listed; or a comment is posted on the topic to start the discussion. That’s what happened here I think…

@Czc didn’t realise the topic was still Unlisted, clicked the link, read the article, and then posted his “but what?” comment. Soon as he did that the system automatically listed the topic. Check just below the first comment and you’ll see Mewbot listed the topic at the same time as the comment was posted.

2 Likes

Ah okay that explains it all. And it’s my fault on the previewing, I didn’t recall that we shouldn’t do that

1 Like

I don’t think it’s an issue anymore at all to be honest. Your topic was perfectly happy in its Unlisted state, and probably would happily have stayed that way.

1 Like

Ha, another win for Resistance is Futile, You Shall be Assimilated Dark Mode.

In fact, the only unsightly thing on my screen is your comment :rofl:

2 Likes

Apologies, I’ll remove my previous comment.

Just goes to show how user preferences weren’t taken into consideration, let’s not even go into the accessibility of it.

2 Likes