Kyalami 9 Hour

Since I will be going this Saturday I thought I’d see if anyone else is planning on attending:

Are you attending the Kyalami 9 Hour?
  • Yes, on Friday
  • Yes, on Saturday
  • Yes, on both days
  • Nope, but will be watching
  • Nope

0 voters

https://www.kyalami9hour.com/

Live Coverage on Youtube: LIVE | Full Race - Joburg Kyalami 9 Hour 2021 - YouTube

2 Likes
3 Likes

I would love to go, but this weekend I’m going to the Kruger for my birthday. Won’t even be able to watch it. I’ll watch the highlights when I’m back.

4 Likes

Would love to be going to see it live. Looks like there’s going to be a lot of rain around today and tomorrow that will make for some interesting strategy calls.

Live Stream and Live Timing on the Intercontinental GT Challenge site:

Pretty sure there’s also a YouTube channel and SuperSport coverage as well. Will find those details and add them here too in a bit.

2 Likes

On YouTube everything is being streamed on https://www.youtube.com/gtworld

3 Likes

Jelly… Maybe myself, @SlinX and @aldyr should drive up and join you next time :sweat_smile:
We can even drag ou @jaydogg86 along.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

also, I say I’m jelly and yet I’ve never even made the effort to go attend the Knysna Hillclimb, dispite saying every year that I will try and go next year :sweat_smile: and that is a lot closer. still far but also close.

1 Like

Pre-Qualifying Practice (Friday @ 10H35)

A 105-minute practice session in all but name kicks off our live coverage of Intercontinental GT Challenge Powered by Pirelli’s season finale in South Africa.

Qualifying (Friday @ 15:20)

3 x 15-minute sessions determine which eight cars progress to Friday evening’s Superpole shootout.

Superpole (Friday @ 17:50)

The eight fastest cars from qualifying go head-to-head during a final 25-minute battle for pole.

Full Race (Saturday @ 12:30)

World-class GT racing comes from South Africa where Audi, Ferrari and Mercedes-AMG could be crowned Intercontinental GT Challenge Powered by Pirelli champions.

1 Like

Hmmm… we can do those times!!!

4 Likes

I could maybe reach 10th

LOL, light rain???

2 Likes

Hmm… Considering I’ve only been around the track like 4 times I could also make top 13.

2 Likes

First quali session was red flagged and then cancelled altogether. I’m hoping there will be less rain tomorrow :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Why Cape Town needs it’s own GT circuit. blady JHB, always raining.

3 Likes

Super Pole also cancelled. As the commentator said, it does not really matter in a 9 hour race with only 12/13 cars…

1 Like

With all this rain I’m beginning to worry if this is going to land up being a Spa 2021…

At least the rain seems to have stopped and track seems mostly dry.

1 Like

After a bit of practicing today I was able to get a 1:49 clean lap time.

I’ll post some pics and videos later today!

3 Likes