Life In a Day | YouTube

I found this rather interesting, dunno if someone wants to do a front-page article or perhaps even partake. I know I would be keen to watch it when it arrives, produced by Ridley Scott no doubt.

In 2020, history is being made every day.

Australian bushfires. Civil unrest in Hong Kong. A pandemic that took precious lives and changed the way we live. Protests in every corner of America — and around the world — to demand that Black Lives Matter.

But in the midst of these extraordinary events, everyday life still continues.
We share moments, music, and meals.
We dance. We laugh. We cry.
We love. We fear. We hope.

What if we captured all of it in a single day?

On Saturday, July 25, 2020, film your day and upload your footage and you may become part of a historic documentary – a time capsule of the year 2020.

Anyone can participate and submissions from all over the world will be woven together to create a feature film, produced by Ridley Scott, directed by Kevin Macdonald, filmed by you, and premiering at the 2021 Sundance Film Festival.

Submissions open on July 25th and close on August 2nd.

Learn more about filming requirements and how to take part.

Let’s write the story of 2020 together.

Source:

2 Likes

I thought this was about people that make those types of videos. There are many types, “Day in the life of a student medical doctor”, “Day of vegan/carnivore eating” The list goes on and on.

Most famous would be Casey Neistat.

2 Likes

Very cool. Might participate this time. It’s on a Saturday, I see.

2 Likes

I am absolutely 100% doing this!
It will be a good excuse and experiment to film myself and see if I could do the youtube thing.

I do not have the self confidence to put myself on camera but now that there is a meaning and purpose behind it. Im going to do it.

Gopro charging… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My GoPro’s lens cap got stuck to the protective plastic ring outside the lens. When I eventually forced the cap off, the whole protective ring came with it :frowning:

2 Likes

Damn, that sucks man. Hope you can get it sorted out before then.

2 Likes

Mmm, the lens is still on though right?
You could still film with it then.

Maybe look at getting a housing for the gopro in the meantime?

3 Likes

The end result of the Life in a Day project has been released.

Going to be watching it during our midday load shedding later today. Did anyone ever submit anything that we should be keeping an eye out for?

3 Likes

Completely forgot about this, thanks for the reminder.

1 Like