Long-Term Gaming

So yeah, I find myself often playing games that I can frequent, return to regularly, or after a prolonged period of not playing them.

What are some of your games that can spend hours, days, weeks, or even months or years playing? What are some of your biggest times spent on games?

I think over the past 10 or so years I have played Destiny 1&2 on and off and probably have over 3000 hours across the franchise. Another mention that I always have installed and occasionally play is Elite Dangerous and have amassed hundreds of hours. Constant games I come back to over the years include the like of Assetto Corsa, Ride 4, Forza, etc. Oddly enough I find myself wanting to play Diablo 3 again too.

But playtime hours aside, what are some games you constantly find yourself coming back to, grinding at, or simply just playing over a long period?

3 Likes

City of heroes, Warframe, Guildwars 2, destiny 2.

3 Likes

Minecraft and Persona games for the most part.

1 Like

Starcraft 2, especially the arcade, every once in a while I just feel like playing some good tower defense games and having some marines shoot stuff, actually quite relaxing and just helps reset me, to get me in the mood to play other games again.

Also with how great PC gaming is, there are times that I go on like nexus mods to check if there are any games there that I have, then I mod the game and play it again with it now just being a tiny or in the case of skyrim, a big difference.

Or if i feel like re-living the good old days of CoD, I would go back to CoD2 and play the campaign again and go through all the CoDs I have just playing their campaigns, as they are quite good, and really fun.

I feel like playing games like these, and in this type of way, gets me back in the mood for playing games again, recent games just feel so buggy, and have some really annoying QoL stuff that can really get me out of the mood to play anything.

3 Likes

I still play nfs 2,3, 4 and 5, and those games came out between 1997 and 2000

Oldest games i regularly play with the wife is probably battle city and tetris

3 Likes

My most played game is CS:GO and even though I don’t play it that much these days I still enjoy coming back to it. Once that muscle memory kicks in there’s nothing like it.

Over the last 2 and a half years sim racing has been my stable go to, I’m racing in ACC at least 2 times a week.

3 Likes

It feels like we discussed this recently.

For me, Diablo II and UT2004 have been perpetually played since they released. I also like revisiting Deus Ex 1, the Metroid games, Bayonetta and Soul Calibur (2 or 6).

Dirt and GT or some other racing game always seems to get some attention from me too.

Overwatch (despite its issues) has also been in regular rotation over the last 6 years.

3 Likes

for me probably ark

and then starcraft 2 usually against ai but some time just 2v2 rank if my friend i used to play a lot with is also online. Or I can see my self play factorio/dyson sphere progam in the future again

3 Likes

That’s a lot of hours!

1 Like

Jip But i know of some one that has more than me in ARK

2 Likes

I’ve wanted to try Ark so many times but as a solo player I think it would be foolish.

1 Like

I played many many hours solo, was good fun.

1 Like

ark is best played with friends :smiley: makes it way more fun

2 Likes

Always coming back to Cities: Skylines

Also I guess the format of the competition keeps the Dirt going.

3 Likes

Warframe is my steam game with the most hours but I think I’m mostly over it now. I used to go back to it every couple of months but these days when I do that it doesn’t have the same effect. I suppose it would be much better if I actually played with the people in my clan. I also have no idea why they haven’t kicked me out yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Games I feel like I can replay forever include Borderlands (series), Witcher 3, Zelda Breath of the Wild and Monster Hunter Rise.

3 Likes

I forgot the game I keep returning to at the moment: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. I’ve finished it on all difficulty settings but every couple of days I find myself playing it again grinding out some more levels and trying to unlock more costumes and stuff. Im at 100 hours now but I’m sure it will keep climbing.

It is the perfect game to play while watching a series or movie as once you finished the game it’s mostly a mindless, albeit extremely fun, grind.

2 Likes