Looking for co-op buddies

Fanatical are currently running a Far Cry (maybe even an Ubisoft?) Sale - running for the next 8 days. Honestly no idea if the discounts are good, but compared to the prices on Steam/Epic/Ubistore, they look decent to me:

Looks like just over R200 for the Standard Edition (62% off) and just under R300 for the Gold Edition (72% off) at the moment.

The key you from Fanatical is redeemable directly on Ubi, so no weird alternate launchers and stuff that I saw some were worried about earlier in the topic.

BUT be aware that Fanatical to Ubisoft key redemption is done through your Fanatical account - you donā€™t get a key number to manually redeem on Ubisoft, you have to link your Fanatical account to Ubi and redeem keys that. This also means you canā€™t gift the game to someone else. (Iā€™m guessing that they do it this way to stop key resellers buying up loads of the cheap keys and then reselling them).

There is no alternative to this system, so if that isnā€™t going to work for you, donā€™t buy Ubisoft games from Fanatical. Hereā€™s a detailed how to activate keyless Ubisoft Uplay purchases from Fanatical Support. Itā€™s a case of ā€œbuyer be awareā€ :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, will do it in the morninf, I dont have a fanatical account so will have to set one up

2 Likes

Its saying I cant

Annotation 2020-08-10 204043

1 Like

Odd. I canā€™t remember specifically having to set my country.

There is a Language/Currency setting that I changed right at the bottom right-hand side of the product screen, but even if I change that to US$ it still recognises that Iā€™m in SA - in fact the only other currency besides $ that I can choose is ZAR.

Much strange. You arenā€™t using a VPN or something like that are you? Can you find the change currency thing at the bottom of your screen? Does it give you a ZAR option?

1 Like

Lemme see, dunno why it was doing that, its happy now, payment being processed.

Now I have to stop spending this month

2 Likes

Unsure of anyone else besides @wlad and myself who play Nioh 2, but I am looking for some peeps to joll with at night. Hook me up if you play.

4 Likes

Damn bro. Iā€™m so sorry I donā€™t join you more regularly, but Iā€™m either busy playing something else or about to go to bed when you ask me. Sundays Iā€™m there though.

1 Like

Forgot this topic exists. Saw we were busy filling the cod cold war topic with other game chats, so going to start putting the games I have here. I have F3AR, L4D2, Battlefront 2, Busy downloading World War Z as well, so give me a shout when someone needs an extra player.

2 Likes

Ooh I have World War Z on the Xbox and I think itā€™s cross play. Maybe rope @Wlad in too.

1 Like

World War Z!!!

Not this weekend, but most Tuesdays at 8!

2 Likes

cool, mine is downloaded and installed now, so just let me know and we can play.

1 Like

Cool, shall we try pencil in for Tuesday from 8pm.

1 Like

I am ready anytime.

1 Like

Tuesday, 8pm, its a date!

1 Like

You guys still good for tonight?

1 Like

Yes I am! I also had a look to see if the Game Pass and Epic versions will work, then saw this: Xbox and PC crossplay too!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-26-world-war-z-gets-cross-play-on-xbox-one-and-pc-is-free-on-the-epic-store

1 Like

@Beo are you still in?

1 Like

oh shoot #mybad

Sorry chaps, Iā€™m swamped with work today and still busy working on team processes and collaboration. Iā€™ll have to take a rain check gents.

Apologies! :frowning_face:

1 Like
2 Likes

Urghā€¦ Issuesā€¦ Just did not stream well tonight, sorry

1 Like