Merge Mansion

As an alpha male gamer I like beer, I like braais, I play competitive shooters and take part in hardcore sim racing and then in between I like to help Maddie and her granny restore the Boulton mansion by merging flowers, butterflies and cleaning supplies…

Merge Mansion is a casual mobile game in the merge game style with a very generous free to play model. There are no annoying ads at all and all gold and gem currencies can be earned in game. The is an energy system and sometimes you have fairly long waits either for your energy to recharge or for item generators to stock up but if you’re patient and happy to carry on with real life in between you can happily play the game “gratis” for quite a long time. I should know because I’ve been playing this simple game for close on two years now!

I have actually dropped some money on an item pack but that was more that after over a year at that stage, I felt happy to support the developer. And just when it looked like I was getting close to finishing all the available content, the develops started adding special events and even new areas to restore at quite a steady rate. It seems that the game’s popularity has resulted in a bigger budget, and likely larger workforce to create more content for the game. The are now often special events running to add some interest.

Merge games are quite simple to play, you merely drag together the same item to merge it into a higher level item. The conceit is that you’re restoring the grounds of an old run-down mansion. This requires a large variety of items to be merged. The strategy, if you could call it that, is to utilise the space you have to organise and work on certain merge lines. You also have XP which leads to unlocks as you gain levels.

It can actually become quite involved and there’s even a Reddit group dedicated to the game where people share their tips and tricks.

Maybe this type of game is your thing, or maybe not the kind of thing you’d usually play (like it was for me) either way, take a look, you may just find you get hooked.

2 Likes

Nice one! Found it for iOS devices as well. May just install it too.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not really one for mobile gaming, but this is scratching an itch. As you mentioned, the quality of the game is of a surprisingly higher quality than that of other fee games, and the fact that it doesn’t have ads is the real MVP.

2 Likes

I should be working dammit!

I imagine you will be able to go inside the mansion too based on the items that I am unlocking? At the moment I can’t do anything with them, should I be selling them cos there is still a kakload of things to do outside.

2 Likes

Sorry to disappoint you but as of yet there is no inside the mansion content. You do renovate the pool house and garage which comes with some interior stuff. Everything does get used at some stage so inventory management is key. As a rule of thumb, the supplies from the cleaning cabinet - especially the rarer detergent drops can take a long time to get so try not to sell those off. Garden tools are the easiest to generate so if you have to sell an item that would hurt you less. From what I can recall of the early game, the main priority is to clear away the cobweb items so you have main board space.

Most importantly, make sure you don’t open brown or blue chests without merging them first. A merged chest drops far more items. It is the same with the piggy bank, which can be merged twice up to level 3. So 2 x 2 level one banks to make 2 level 2 and merge those level 2’s to get a level three. Every 24 hours you get a free piggy bank so after 4 days you’ll have a level 3 piggy bank which will be your main source of income.

2 Likes

Not at all, I just assumed based on the items unlocked and or available.

2 Likes

I agree, a lot of the items would work for the interior, I’m guessing one day they finally open up titular “mansion” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I wont lie, I tried this, I don’t know why I got bored with it so quickly, might have been during a period where my attention span was so short I just couldnt. Should give it a go again soon.

1 Like

I can understand that, it’s not a very involved game. I think that’s why I like it, I can think of other things while I play. Minesweeper used to fill that gap.

1 Like

See at the moment I need stuff that can completely distract me. otherwise my mind goes places I don’t want it to go right now.

2 Likes

I see this game being promoted SO MUCH in my other daily game Wordscape. I always just ignored it. But after reading what’s been written here, I’ll give it a download and try it out.

2 Likes

First impression is that this will be a game that stays on my phone for a while. It’s pretty fun and I get why it’s so engaging.

3 Likes

I am disappointed when I have to wait X hours for timers.

2 Likes

Little thread necro, but I’m still playing this game. It’s damn fun and I’ve even gotten my mother addicted to it. Just got access to the pool house to start cleaning that. Really fun distraction game.

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad you are still enjoying it. Good luck with all the detergents needed in the pool house!

As one of the areas that have been added to the game more recently you can see the developer made an effort to have the items needed for a task make more logical sense.

2 Likes

Necro!

So sill playing this game. Been really fun and its become part pf my morning routine. Im up to the last 2 areas thats recently been added to the game over the last 2 months.

3 Likes

Also still playing! I’ve been enjoying the new areas that they’ve added to the game. Busy with the Conservatory and will the move onto the lighthouse.

I haven’t got all that into the current Valentine’s event though.

2 Likes