Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

I would just like to say that I hate the Polish rally, and that it sucks, and also that it’s the worst.
I think I’ve rolled (one was a cartwheel even) or spun on all 3 stages I’ve do so far.
Give me Sweden any day.

3 Likes

Sorry Ent, there is no Stage or Event restart setting in DR2 league events. (at least not that I’ve found). Which is why I have bombed out on both the first two rallies.

2 Likes

She’s a tad slower than when I give it a go, but you get the idea of what I have to deal with when racing :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’ve called bs on that fov before, so the sense of speed is over the top.

2 Likes

That is insane!

2 Likes

15 days later and its downloaded.

2 Likes

R5’s in Poland done and dusted, and it looked like a close battle between @SlinX and @aldyr, with Slinx holding a small lead all the way through to a disastrous (for him at least) Stage 9 where he lost 2m30s and the lead. Aldyr takes the win by just over a minute from Slinx with @DarthMol filling step 3 on the podium. Points too for myself, @oltman and @Entity.

I do see @Wlad (Myrdlok) did register times for the first 2 stages, but then either didn’t complete any others or did not formally retire from the event like Olt and Ent, and so wasn’t classified or scored points for the rally at all?

The Championship standings at the mid-point of the season then:

Slinx and Aldyr in a tight tussle for P1 while the rest of us squabble over the minor placings… :slight_smile:

Next up, Round 4 of the Championship takes us to Hawkes Bay for Rally New Zealand using the daunting Group B 4WD cars - good luck rallyists :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh yeah I did the first two stages and then never went back. I blame Dragon Quest XI and Animal Crossing.

I’m sorry for signing up and then not completing it. Will see if I can go the next one.

1 Like

Jimmy Broadbent uses the words “brutal” and “brutality” without any exaggeration as he runs the Hancock Hill Sprint stage in the MG Metro and then the Peugeot 205.

1 Like

This is the exact word that came to mind when I saw Group B and Hawkes Bay in the same sentence.
Remember to take it easy, your wheel alignment will thank you :smile:

3 Likes

My butt muscles are going to get tired from knypin. With the number of hairpins in this country, you’d be forgiven for thinking we’re a sewing club.

2 Likes

After some test driving of all the group B cars, i’ve come to the conclusion, if we complete the full length of new zealand, that’s a feat in and of itself.

Some notes, since no-one has started yet, and there’s some time to test things before the mad rush till the event deadline:
Audi Sport Quattro is a boat, heavy and slow. The stages are too narrow. Avoid.
Peugot 205 T16 is damn nice, but kicks a little. Small size, means you can get sideways, but still not hit a fence or edge of the road sometimes. Fastest time i set with this. Most crashes I set with this. Risk reward, i guess.
Lancia Delta most precise steering group B car. This car feels amazing. Feels the worst at high speed. Know when to lift off, you don’t have to flatout every corner. It’s also the 1st car I didn’t crash with.
Ford RS200, avoid this car. There are many 2nd and 3rd gear tight bends. For some reason, you need enormous lock, to get the car to turn. Only car I didn’t actually finish a clean stage with.
MG Metro was by far the easiest car to drive, the sound is earth shattering, and the 2nd car I didn’t crash with.

But don’t take my word for it, try them all on a short stage. Everyone has different driving styles.

3 Likes

Did that with 3 so far - the Audi, Peugeot and Lancia - yesterday as well, with similar results.

• The Audi is just too big, long and wide for the narrow roads and tight turns.
  • The Peugeot is fast but probably too much for me to handle for the full rally - might still go with it if I can figure out how to control the power a little better.
  • The Lancia I like of the most by far of the 3, just need to work on better braking performance.

Going to take your advice and skip the Ford, and give the MG a run later today, then decide between it, the Lancia, or the Peugeot.

1 Like

How do I find the league page for this? The menu is so different to Dirt Rally.

Also I was busy rebinding the keys to what I use and I mistakenly mixed up left and right. Colour me confused when I approached the first turn and went in completely the opposite direction to what I wanted.

1 Like

https://dirtrally2.com/clubs or if you prefer a direct link, https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/245127

2 Likes

Ok, I applied to join the league.

1 Like

And approved!
GLHF! :slight_smile:

I’m sure I’ll have a smashing good time.

1 Like

I don’t want to ever experience that in VR, doesn’t sound like it would be a good time.

The Peugeot is the one for me. I like missing my apexes, running wide and still not losing my rear bumper. It does bog down a lot because 2.0l + giant turbo, but a clutch kick or 2 will get you going again.
I finally got a workaround going so that I can record DR2. Almost cracked the top 100 with this run, half spin and all.

1 Like

Wow, sub 8 minutes on the Ocean Beach stage! Fantastic run Slinx!

1 Like