MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

What a great race last night. @DieGrootHammer was away and still beat me! @Nosferatie (thee who shall not join thy forum) drove like the new Hammer and we had not chance. A very well deserved win!

@DarthMol ran consistently and came in second just ahead of Hammer. I was further down after a spin, @GregRedd a little bit further back and @Solitude had to retire due to some… uhm… technical issues.

Looking forward to next week, where I can hopefully redeem myself!

2 Likes

I’m convinced F1 2019 hates me and my wheel. Had a great race last week in Mexico - one of my best in fact. Made absolutely no changes at all to the wheel settings for this week, and last night I was all over the place again with next to no control. Very frustrating.

Maybe I must just stick to Dirt Rally - I was off the circuit so much last night it may as well have been a rally :joy:

3 Likes

@GregRedd, I feel your pain. I got so frustrated last night.

Interestingly, the night before I did a practice GP and made it through to the end without having to replace my wing. Then last night I had to pit 3 times to replace my wing and the the fourth time I just quit because I was so annoyed.

Personally I think my biggest problem is keeping up my concentration. I was super tired last night, whereas the night before I was fine. So it’s something I want to work on for the next couple of days.

3 Likes

Very sad I missed out last night. I really like COTA and would’ve loved to drive it. But glad to hear my AI substitute did a good job representing last night.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh. Just listened to my stream and the game sound is terrible. Game chat is fine, but the game sounds super stuttery (thats a real word)… No idea what went wrong. I will have to get another headset and listen to my stream every now and then to fix this…

1 Like

Qualifying:

Results:

Podium (yes, that is @DieGrootHammer in his Senna outfit):

Standings (unedited):

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve been doing some serious practicing to find out where my problems lie. And it’s because I’m not using ABS. I lock up the brakes often and my tyres are quickly over the wall. It’s something I’m going to focus on now until I get it right.

I’ve finally figured out something that will improve my speed drastically however. Corners! After seeing @DarthMol and such easily go around corners where I cannot match their speed, I did some research and did some repetition training. I’m much faster around tight corners now. I will just have to work on doing it consistently though.

A lot of what I practiced is driving with the AI. I’ve struggled driving with them since they brake so early and yet I keep making mistakes when trying to overtake them. I’m still not that good at it but especially at the coming track I feel better about where to overtake them without losing my wing.

If I can complete our next race without breaking my wing or spinning out then I will call it a success.

3 Likes

@GregRedd, @DieGrootHammer, @Solitude, @oltman, @DarthMol, @Nosferatie

So are you all happy with Monday? I see Hammer was too busy to vote.

1 Like

Happy!

1 Like

Sorry yeah my bad. I’m good with Monday.

2 Likes

Yip, looks to be Monday evening. @DieGrootHammer is obviously very busy with his new “project” :grinning: Hopefully he can make it - I do remember him having evening commitments on a couple of nights, but can’t for sure recall if Monday was one of them.

Ha, ninjaed.

1 Like

Happy with Monday, it’s turning out to be pretty much the only night that I will be available this week.

2 Likes

Guess who got their wheel!!! I will be dropping some positions while I get used to it, but so glad to be back in the wheel club!

4 Likes

Bad news guys. Mondays are out for me now as well. I have dance practice tonight from 8pm to 8:30, and will be at home from like 8:45.

2 Likes

When’s your Dancing with the Stars audition anyway? :grinning: :dancer:

I’m okay to wait for you to start at 8:45 if the others agree. Could definitely do with a little extra time to do some solo practice laps before tonight’s race.

2 Likes

I would love if we started a bit later. That would make it much easier for me.

And my dancing showcase is at the end of November, lol

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @DieGrootHammer.

I would rather prefer that we race on a different day than so late. I’m willing to skip the last races though since I’m not even close to being in the running for anything and then I can finish the single player campaign.

3 Likes

What are you dancing by the way?

Any time, any day, I am keen. If we could maybe make one exception and commit to today’s race and just start a little later (if @Solitude can manage a once off later start) and then we find a suitable day and time for the season’s climax?