MEW F1 2020 Racing [MEWRL]

I’m fine either way. I still need to get used to the controller, so whether I do online racing or single player doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

IT IS DONE!! BY MY DECREE, THE RACE IS CORONA’d, AND DELAYED UNTIL NEXT WEEK!

Sorry, don’t know why all the capital letters, just felt right.

5 Likes

Well, thats that. I can watch the XBOX event!

1 Like

Patriotic FTFY

1 Like

I mean, you do have to attend your own parole hearing, right?

Patriotism being tested…

So tomorrow evening we do the 5 short races, right?

I’m going to do even worse than usual. Sticking with no assists even though it drives me crazy at times. Getting better though.

1 Like

I still need to wean myself off using the racing line. I don’t use it in any of the other games, but I’m just so much slower with it off in F1.

2 Likes

With work requesting us to work extra hours and working on a design project for varsity, I might have to skip Thursday. If all goes well, I might join for a race or two.

On another note, I think I’ll be struggling to find time for the races soon, since our first daughter is expected to grace us with her presence early in September. I will however stick around on the forum and perhaps join a race or two if and when possible. I really enjoy the league so I’ll try and make it work, but as many of you said before, family will always be the top priority.

6 Likes

Hey congrats on the little one that’s coming @Konck!

2 Likes

Pretty sure your nearby neighbor, @Entity, has their first bundle of bodily fluids joy arriving soon too.

5 Likes

Oh, crap. Sorry.

How did it go? Is it ready for a league season yet?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I think it was just @DieGrootHammer and @DarthMol who raced.

2 Likes

It was just myself, Darth and Konck that pitched last night. We did 5 races of 5 laps each against the AI. It was lots of fun. We had a few spins and spills and frills and chills. The league to bomb out once for Darth, same what happened in 2019, so that sucks. But other than that it was a good test.

4 Likes

It was good fun. I definitely need to put in some laps before each race so I’m familiar with car on the tracks - sooo much more grip than F1 2019. I probably beat some of my F1 2019 times even with the one shot qualy - so there’s definitely more time to find there.

The A.I. did do A.I. things but then I was also a bit too aggressive with it being a 5 lap race, so all good there.

On a side note, as I started playing more Assetto Corsa Competizione coming back to F1 2019 felt arcade-ish, F1 2020 feels more visceral, like you’re a pure bred performance car firing down the track. Zandvoort is an utter joy to drive, in my opinion.

TL:DR - the F1 2020 season is going to be great!

4 Likes

Seeing as we’re between seasons at the moment, should we not all join the Raceface season so as to remove the organizational burden from GregRedd? We’ll be sacrificing our flexibility in choosing the weeknight we race in exchange for someone else taking care of the fiddly bits, and having some more human competitors on the grid… We can still keep to a MEW channel for our usual kak-praat etc.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

It is an option. The season starts tonight and the grading has already been done for the divisions, but apparently you can register at any point in the season.

A fuller grid of human players is also a plus (and can be a minus if they divebomb like crazy!). A group of us are racing in the Monday Night races in ACC and we all chat in the MEW Race Radio channel during the races, so you still get that social aspect.

3 Likes

Doing F1 races on the Tuesdays alternating with the AC races could work well, if the majority of the drivers are okay with that.

Appreciate that. Been a tricky period for me recently, and time is at a bit of premium. More than happy for anyone who wants to, to set up and run a mini-season of 5/6 races over the next couple of Tuesdays for those that want to get some racing in.

I wouldn’t mind not participating at all at the moment.

Going through a stressy bit work wise. Get more work done early in the morning but can’t sleep when we do the races.

1 Like

I don’t think we gave not participating as an option…

In all seriousness, though, I think jumping on the RaceFace platform will give us less anxiety about missing a race or two as well.

Would someone that is better at MEW-ing than me please put up poll?

2 Likes