MEW F1 2020 Racing [MEWRL]

Companion topic for organizing and coordinating racing in F1 2020… gotta go fast!

Get the game, tell us who you are on Steam, be our Friend, and come racing with us!!

3 Likes

Yay it’s happening!! I’ll see what I can do to setup some once off races that we can test out the new game.

4 Likes

Woohoo! Looking forward to it! I’m definitely spending more time on 2020 right now, but online single player stuff for now.

How about some no qualifying, 5 lap races?

3 Likes

I’ve already setup a very quick league for testing, one shot qualy and then 5 lap sprints, on short courses plus Zandfoort. I just need to finish it all and I’ll send invites to everyone. Can then test one night next week or so. Those races will be so quick to finish.

4 Likes

Will we then run 2019 and 2020?

I’d prefer to move to 2020 but I know there were two people who don’t own it yet.

4 Likes

Look, I am more than willing to contribute to a current league member who has not yet upgraded :wink:

3 Likes

I’m also willing to contribute.

3 Likes

I volunteer as benefactor.

Seriously, I need the hard drive space :smiley:

1 Like

Okay so the mini league has been setup and some invites have been sent. It’s 5 races with one shot quali and 5 lap races. I think we can easily do it all in one night. It’s really just to test out 2020 and the servers and league setup.

So let’s poll for when you guys want to try out the league next week:

• Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday

0 voters

Tagging all the peeps:

@Oltman @Solitude @GregRedd @Avatar @Konck @DarthMol @aldyr @SlinX @Talentloos @TH3MAESTRO

So let me know and we’ll do our pre-season testing races.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m allergic to F1 in general

2 Likes

/put @aldyr on ignore list

We cannot be friends no moar. . . .

2 Likes

I see what you did there :smile:

3 Likes

It look’s like Thursday is the day - hopefully the first patch arrives before then. Also noticed a fair view votes for Tuesday, some from drivers who are supposed to be doing the Assetto Corsa race that night…

1 Like

Ya we forgot about that when voting :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not me… Not anymore :smiley:

Right, so we’ll get pre-season testing underway tonight, starting at 20:30 as normal. We’ll have all the time to complete all 5 races in one sitting with plenty of time to spare.

At the moment I’ve set the league to drive real team cars, but I’m going to change this to the multiplayer cars. Give us a real pre-season test feel. Also I am going to turn off damage, just because this league is supposed to be fun and mental, and a chance to test out F1 2020 before the real racing starts. This league is pure fun and mayhem. So nothing too serious I feel.

So come and join us, try out a few setups on the car as we get used to the new driving mechanics and test the cars and league setup

4 Likes

My one online meeting got shifted to tonight so I’ll try see if I can join in afterwards. Might still make some of the later sprint races.

1 Like

Sorry guys. I’m going to sit this one out. May have to work tonight and if not then I’m exhausted. Will rather relax.

I saw @Avatar can also not make it.

2 Likes

Hmmm, well, I’ve been having internet issues all day, and don’t know if I’ll make it. So with 3 definite no’s and 1 maybe, perhaps we should move it until next week?

2 Likes

Happy to delay till next week if that’s the general consensus - I haven’t had any time to spend with the game since eventually getting things working. And that assumes it’ll work when I run it again :expressionless:

1 Like