The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

Best part of the day:

2 Likes
2 Likes

RIP Carlos Reutemann

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/race-of-my-life-carlos-reutemann-on-the-1974-south-african-gp/6627364/

Fuck cancer.

3 Likes

Strong rumour milling that Russell to Mercedes in 2022 is a done deal, and that it’ll be formally confirmed at Silverstone next week - got to milk that positive Pommie PR machine after all. The Sky commentators - especially Croft - are going to be insufferable for the rest of the year and all of next year.

For a Finnish fairytale finish, I would so love to see Bottas winning in Silverstone, and then driving with complete disregard for any team orders and end up scoring more points than Hamilton, finishing the season as runner up to Verstappen. :grinning:

5 Likes

What the hell? No race this weekend? B… o… r… e… d…

5 Likes

Step this way please sir… → MEW F1 2020 Racing [MEWRL]

4 Likes

The other rumour I saw on reddit or something was that Bottas might be going to Alfa. Finn for a Finn. It’ll be a major step down in terms of car for him, but where else could he realistically go?

3 Likes

5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

F1 One Begins will be streamed on F1.com, the F1 YouTube channel and Facebook at 1500 BST/1400 UTC on Thursday July 15.

3 Likes

It’s almost time for the first ever F1 Sprint Race + Grand Prix Weekend. Here’s reminders of how it’s all going to work:

And the SA local time schedule for the weekend:

3 Likes

Linkage to today’s 2022 F1 Car Reveal livestream:

Should start at 16:00

3 Likes

what happens to superbru haha

2 Likes

That front wing… so high off the ground. Started getting used to the low wings, now the high wing looks weird again.

3 Likes

Asking the questions that matter…

This race uses a sprint race on Saturday to decide the grid for the race on Sunday. Qualifying sessions on Friday will decide the starting order for Saturday’s sprint race.

In Superbru, the pick deadline for Early Bru Points will be the start of the sprint race , and your normal pick for pole position will be a pick for the winner of the sprint race .

So same as usual, Superbru points for the main Grand Prix only, but instead of the bonus point for selecting Pole, you select the winner of the Sprint Race (who will be Pole for the GP). If you do that before the Sprint Race start on Saturday (as opposed to the usual Start of Qualifying) then you’ll get the Early Bru bonus and possible Pole Position points as well.

2 Likes

Dankie oom Greg, ok so I don’t have to be pressured to decide tomorrow haha.

2 Likes

Sleeeeeeek innit.

Visually and aesthetically, I don’t particularly like the front wing, but the nose itself, the brake shrouds, and the rear wing all look great.

Aerodynamically speaking I’m a little concerned about longitudinal stability. It looks like that car will want to spin more than a spinny top.

1 Like

Car go zoom…

2 Likes