MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

So many people have bought F1 2020, is the league on the new game already, or are we still doing 2019? I still don’t have it installed, and I’m getting real used to 2020

2 Likes

Good luck everyone, I can’t cheerlead no power from 8pm

2 Likes

Its only tomorrow :wink:

3 Likes

Still on 2019 for the time being - not everyone currently racing has 2020 yet. And some (well, me) have been having the odd issue or two getting the new version to play nice.

There were suggestions made to do a couple of short circuit races and once off races in 2020 (@Konck and @DarthMol I think - apologies if I’m remembering that wrong though). I defintely think we need to do a couple of multiplayer races and a mini-league of some sort to see what’s changed and to check if there’s any major issues with the league system. I would hate to have to put @oltman through a repeat, a repeat, a repeat of Australia again :smiley:

Of course, if you (or anyone else for that matter) are keen to get a league going in 2020 now already, there’s absolutely no reason why you can’t. You know hat they say: if you build it (a league), they will come (eventually!).

I’ve set up a new dedicated F1 2020 topic for all the new game coordinating and planning for you.

3 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

So we need a roll call of those waiting to get F1 2020 so that generous MEW benefactors can consider filling in the gaps and we can move over to the newer edition sooner rather than later.

Here’s my friends list that shows everyone on my Friends list that has the new version, and it shows that just @PsychoFish still has the game on his Wishlist. This may be because he is in the UK and being expected to pay extortionate amounts of Her Majesty’s finest Great British Pounds to secure the game over there. (I honestly don’t know if gifting him a copy of the game from SA would even work?)

The names from our current league that aren’t on there (because they haven’t purchased or wishlisted the game) @Camky007 (who hasn’t responded to my messages at all, and is also outside of SA), @SlinX (maybe not keen on F1?), @Nosferatie (also UK based I think, but not really all that into F1?), @Kwaai and @CZC.

I don’t know if there’s anyone else on MEW interested in joining the F1 races - if there is, please let the guys over in the F1 2020 topic know so that we can get you onto Friends lists and into the league races!.

5 Likes

It won’t, our purchases are restricted to South Africa.

3 Likes

He wont be joining us… :frowning:

2 Likes
1 Like

Well well well, I think we are done with 2019! Not a fun race! But overall, for a solid year of fun, this was a great league! Thanks guys, especially @GregRedd for setting it up, and for constantly adding @Solitude back to the league!

4 Likes

Thanks for racing with me for one last time tonight! Was a fairly apt race to retire 2019 with - it served us well, but I think everyone is pretty much ready to move over to 2020 now.

The race result speaks for itself:

The top 4 were all AI substitute drivers :rofl:

6 Likes

I trained my bot well I see.

4 Likes

I won’t be getting F1 2020. I need to focus on Maths II this semester.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Yes thank you very much @GregRedd! I enjoyed the league a lot and looking forward to the 2020 league.

3 Likes

Seems I’m a better driver when not present :rofl:. Having had a busy few weeks I’ve dropped off of the league races and will not be continuing into the 2020 league.

Thanks so much for the entertainment during the 2019 leagues and all the best in the following races :smile:

3 Likes

DIBS!

1 Like

That is so cool

I completely missed this… will need to see if you do it again for 21 :smiley: I wonder if @DieGrootHammer has insurance on his cars ? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ja well, if you came to visit MEW a little more regularly you may not have :stuck_out_tongue:

We pretty much gave up on using F1 2020 this year, so we’ll have to wait and see what happens in 2021. In the meanwhile though, @Slinx and @Oltman are starting to put together a possible F1 race or two using Assetto Corsa instead. Not sure if you have it in your library, but if not maybe consider it - it regularly goes on sale. That way you can come racing with us, even if we aren’t doing F1 stuff.

2 Likes