MEW F1 2020 Racing [MEWRL]

Okay, now that the Endurance race is out of the way, I’m getting the Corona Cup and F1 servers sorted out again.

I’ve got a number of tracks on rotation in AC using the Hybrid 2018 car since it’s no longer a paid mod.
You’ll have to order it through the site and download it from a link they mail to you.
There’s also a Formula 2 car that I want to test, it has DRS but no ERS and might be easier to drive, the hybrid cars can be a bit twitchy and loose at times.
I’ll see how the 2018 car does first.

I would like to start hosting races from next week in the usual Thursday F1 slot if you guys are interested in going ahead with a full season of this.

I’m going to need help with all the admin at this rate :sweat_smile:

edit: I’m adding the 2020 car back in, since I know a few of us have bought it (and it’s awesome to drive)

1 Like

Mondays and Thursdays are MNR and Raceface respectively, both of which I will be doing again.

Any other day and I am yours!

1 Like

Ah crap. Would weekends work?

I don’t really want to make both Tuesdays and Wednesdays MEW race days.

Yeah any day :grin:

Okay, let’s have a casual session on Sunday around 3pm for about an hour or so, just to get a feel for the cars.
All welcome, we can do some practice races or whatever. I’ve removed the 2020 car so that more people can join.
@Solitude @GregRedd @DarthMol @Konck @Avatar @oltman @DieGrootHammer

4 Likes

Thanks for the invite! I’m out for the year however. Had to limit my time on hobbies to get stuff done. I hope you guys have a good time though.

2 Likes

Thanks for hosting again, @SlinX! I’ll definitely try and join in for some practice laps.

@Solitude: The year is still long, man, don’t quit on the whole year already! :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha no, I’ve got big plans for the year and it requires dedication.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Spent an hour around Suzuka yesterday with @Slinx. You guys should serious give this a go! Such a good drive!

3 Likes

I was going to join you guys but then I was at the in laws for longer than I anticipated.

2 Likes

It feels really good to drive, but very challenging and rewarding at the same time. This is no Codemasters F1 game that holds your hand and lets you drive an F1 car like it’s a go-kart. This is big boy Kunos Simulation!

1 Like

This is code for “I had a tough time catching up to oltman”…

I am just glad I found a car in AC I am actually pretty fast in!

2 Likes

I will beat your time yet! *shakes fist*

3 Likes

Which version of the F1 car did you use?

We had the 2018 version (the free one) from RSS. It was on the MEW AC Server.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oltman FTW

2 Likes

A great skin pack for the 2020 Formula Hybrid car!

4 Likes

AC F1 server has also been migrated to the new version. I’m going to host a race at Imola on the weekend for whoever wants to try it out. Maybe Saturday evening?
We’re still using the 2018 car, since it’s free.

Fancy new timing screen

5 Likes

With the way the new F1 games are going, it looks like AC will be the saving grace. Pay a couple bucks for a new car each year as apposed to R1000 for a slightly updated game.
EA has been doing this for years already with the FIFA franchise, they’ve got that business practice down to a science, money printer go brrrrrrr.

So, that being said… who’s with me? Saturday evening F1!

5 Likes