MEW It Yourself

No man! It looks great, genuinely. I like the rules section, I’ve also been considering painting some of our wall with that blackboard paint for the kids.

Other than that, I think you did a bang-up job, very neat indeed.

3 Likes

Thanks!

My wife is like: those two pipes are a different colour blue! :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Very nicely done!!

2 Likes

Very nice! It looks great.

2 Likes

Right, safety hazard! The suction is too strong and if someone gets their hair sucked in they will be stuck!

I will see if I can make some sort of weir/skimmer so nobody gets sucked up and drowns. I have unplugged it all to make sure my kids dont swim with it on tomorrow…

3 Likes

Try using a sock, pantyhose or maybe cheesecloth?

1 Like

I was actually going to ask about this yesterday and got distracted. Thank goodness you thought of it too! Since is so exposed, how about putting some kind of cage over it to stop any surface suction, like a ball of chicken wire or something?

2 Likes

Or drill a couple of holes along the submerged inlet - like a vacuum’s opening for when you accidentally pick up a carpet, and you can hear your wife over the noise of the vacuum lifting off.

2 Likes

So I have been looking for a simple small plain planter everywhere. Even this one is about 2cmx2cm to big but after 4 months best I could find. Plain white at Mr p home for R100.

I had some blue paint left from my room painting.

So I’ve started this:

But now I am over thinking things…

Blue white blue white blue?

Or just the thin strip white where the masking tape is?

This one.

1 Like

I ended up with akind of ombre - letting this layer dry first then touch up and meet at the darker edge that I will keep clean

2 Likes

And done:

4 Likes

But what happened to the white stripes?

1 Like

My ocd won out, I couldn’t get them even so got rid of them

1 Like

They were never the same after the 7 Nation Army…

4 Likes

So I had some old canvas tekkies that were just not looking as white as they used too, so I diy’ed them.
What you guys think? It’s the first time I have attempted something like this.

8 Likes

Those look awesome!

3 Likes

They look fantastic! What an awesome project. :clap:

3 Likes

I love that you kept the cell-shade aesthetic, very cool indeed. The laces, dayum gurl, I lurve dat.

3 Likes

Hulle lyk ongelooflik mooi