MEW It Yourself

Anyone know what this is?
Found in the cupboard under the sink (zink?) in the kitchen. Feels like a hard rubber or some kind of seal.

1 Like

Not sure, but it would make a great super hero mask for a cat!

2 Likes

this is the rubber seal of the tap its used on the bottom to make sure for a tight fit its not a seal for water.

09b9a43a56262eaa4e71a569795300c9

5 Likes

I should check if I have those. My taps are not sturdy…

1 Like

i added a picture of what is looks like and where it should be

2 Likes

Correct. Fits under the sink between the tap and the metal plate. If yours came off it was never fitted properly.

3 Likes

That makes a lotta sense, thanks. Now just to figure out how it goes back. >_<

1 Like

size 10 spanner and GLHF its a pain to put in because the space is so tight

2 Likes

Yeah, I hate plumbing related fixes and problems. Gimme electrics and electronics any day.

1 Like

I did an art and an craft, when I still had 10 working fingers.
I had this dusty old Space Shuttle thing lying around for years (I must have gotten it as a Xmas gift over a decade ago) and decided to give it some new life. Plus I’ve always wanted to make one of these.

Full album on Imgur :point_down:
https://imgur.com/gallery/GcoQSQT

9 Likes

That’s crazy cool, mad props!

3 Likes

That is absolutely brilliant! I’ve also wanted to do one of these.

Really nice job on the cotton. You got the dark streaks going and everything!

2 Likes

That’s absolutely brilliant, @SlinX! Well done!

2 Likes

That is beautiful! It looks awesome!

1 Like

Thanks so much guys, I wasn’t expecting such a reaction haha :hugs:

I was planning on using spray paint, but the depth of the cotton did the trick for the most part.

3 Likes

My wife is already asking, “how much do you want for it, or for you to make another?”

She wants one to put in the boys’ room.

3 Likes

It really did look like you airbrushed it until I saw the coloured lights in the gallery

I’m a bit reluctant for a few reasons.
It’s possibly a fire hazard, I’ve put a resistor on each LED for redundancy, but there are no other safety checks, for that reason I only have it on when I’m home. I’ve never had an electric fault lead to a fire, but it only takes one time. Maybe I’m overly cautious, but I do rather like having personal belongings.

The other thing is that it’s probably cost prohibitive. I checked the price of that rocket model, it’s R600, then there’s like another R200 in materials.
So that’s already R800 without factoring in the time it takes to make it.

If neither of those things are a problem for you, message me privately, we can chat further.

2 Likes

I can appreciate commissions (I’ve got a bunch of unmade resin kits that I’d love a reason to break out the airbrush and stuff), but this is the Do It Yourself thread.

Actually, the real reason I’m posting this is that I think the title needs a bit of tweaking. Instead of MEW ‘Do it yourself’ Thread, it should be…

MEW It Yourself

4 Likes

coff

2 Likes