MEW It Yourself

They were never the same after the 7 Nation Army…

4 Likes

So I had some old canvas tekkies that were just not looking as white as they used too, so I diy’ed them.
What you guys think? It’s the first time I have attempted something like this.

8 Likes

Those look awesome!

3 Likes

They look fantastic! What an awesome project. :clap:

3 Likes

I love that you kept the cell-shade aesthetic, very cool indeed. The laces, dayum gurl, I lurve dat.

3 Likes

Hulle lyk ongelooflik mooi

Any recommendations for getting grass to grow? I’m trying to nurture it a bit more and avoid it all going brown. I’ve already stopped the garden services from cutting it too low, at least it’s still green (for the time being).

1 Like

I will get a picture of the stuff mum throws on the lawn just before it rains.

I gave up with grass and dogs… Astro turf is my new best friend.

2 Likes

Astro turf is expensive.

This is the current state of our little patch.

1 Like

Grass fertilizer - 2:3:2 ratio - any kind will do, also when you have bits of grass that is clumped together, take it out, separate it into smaller pieces and replant in the areas that is needed. Try to train the doggo to pee / poop on the same area, find a spot that is kinda out of sight since the grass there will die a bit. otherwise encourage him to pee in different spots - I have to physically stand over Mika’s favourite spot so he doesn’t pee there. He still tries it, and has peed on my shoes and feet…

But it will settle down, especially since winter is approaching. Is there big trees on the other side of the wall where its very dry? Cos they tend to suck all the water and kill grass.

1 Like

Awesome, I was looking at this.

https://www.takealot.com/efekto-wonder-bone-meal-fertiliser-5kg/PLID41712401

1 Like

Mum said rather look for this one

Check this out on takealot: Efekto - Wonder Land Fertiliser - 5kg
https://www.takealot.com/efekto-wonder-land-fertiliser-5kg/PLID41712421

It’s more expensive but you use less and it lasts longer. Just take a handful at a timr and pretend you are feeding chickens and throw it. It works wonders, she said try look for a 2kg bag cos for your size it will be perfect

1 Like

Quick question, we have 2 geysers and currently, they are running on a timer 2 times a day, we want to change it to once a day only - how the heck do I do this? Or do I need to send someone into the roof?

2 Likes

I guess it depends on where the timer physically is and how it’s set.

Might be a timer in the DB board of the house. Something like this.

2 Likes

Ok, so we have this:

We want to set up the one for the morning and one for at night - we even suspect we might make it every second day since its just 2 of us using the water and it should stay warm enough that way?
We are trying to cut costs where we can.

2 Likes

Don’t know how to set those, but this might help https://www.hellermanntyton.co.za/binaries/content/assets/downloads/za/manuals-and-operating-instructions/tddgt-email-instruction-manual.pdf

2 Likes

I found this as well, just gonna get my brother to help, I just dont wanna mess things up

1 Like

Hope you enjoy your cold shower tomorrow :wink:

4 Likes

I will let you know :stuck_out_tongue: