MEW Multiplayer Evenings - MEWME

Thanks, but it fails :slight_smile:

It’s not that expensive, just wondered if it would be worth it

1 Like

It’s a breat game if you’re into survival, sadness and dismay. I love it.

4 Likes

Ok I’ve entered, otherwise I’ll buy it. It’s currently like R100 on steam.

1 Like

Do I need to download/run Discord on PC or mobile? Does it matter?

1 Like

no, it connects to the same servers

1 Like

I’ll definitely join on Friday! And thank you @SIGSTART for tapping in! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh! There will also be a stream if we’re playing on Friday. If anyone else wants to stream, please let me know. There might be a way to set up a kind of hosted multi-stream thing in Twitch, which could be fun to mess around with.

(Also, I complely allow that it’s not always super entertaining watching a noob like me play Don’t Starve.)

(P.P.S. Not sure if YouTube can let you host streams from multiple channels/sources through one channel. I’ll look into it.)

2 Likes

A while ago, when I was investigating streaming, I messed around with Lightstream for a while and am still on their mailing list for updates and stuff. Lightstream Prism was in Beta towards the end of last year (might still be), but it was the easiest way I found to get 2-4 player sources broadcasting together in a split-screen view.

https://www.golightstream.com/handbook/prism-tutorial/

The Prism page suggests that you can “Stream with up to 4 players using any broadcast software. Send to multiple destinations so everyone’s viewers can watch the action.” Presumably that means Streamer 1 could send to Twitch and Streamer 2 could send to YouTube and Streamer 3 could send to Mixer. Maybe?

2 Likes

Ack! It’s 19h00 on Thursday.

For the sake of certainty: I’m closing the vote and calling it for Friday. Even if you didn’t vote, you are welcome to join.

And thanks, @GregRedd — that is very useful. If anyone else wants to stream we’ll definitely take a look at Prism.

4 Likes

How is tonight working and how many people are joining? I am pretty keen

1 Like

i’ll also be there

1 Like

Sorry, won’t be there tonight. I hope you all have a great time.

Will be there :raised_hand:

1 Like

Just purchased it and am hoping to be able to make it tonight, although I have no idea abut the game at all.

My buy came with an extra Giftable copy of the game so if there’s a Mewler who wants it, let me have your Steam Handle and make sure you have me as a friend and I’ll gladly send it over to you.

2 Likes

the correct term is Mewb :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So, some housekeeping. The game can be played with 6 players in one server. Your goal is to not die. We all connect to Discord and kak each other out for not gathering enough food. @GregRedd will die first, probably due to something @SIGSTART did.

Speaking of which @SIGSTART will be hosting a stream, and with it, I assume the server. We will all connect to the server he creates. If there are more than 6 people that want to play, we will create another server, and we can split the people into different teams.

The game is won when the first person can scare @Flex to death. When that happens he will format his C drive and give it to the person that scared him as a trophy.

6 Likes

Noted :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sounds about right. Then I’ll eat dinner in RL while watching the rest of you starve :slight_smile:

this may be a stupid question, but where can i find the Discord details?

I’m @SIGSTART and I approve this message.

2 Likes