MEW SECRET SANTA 2019

You know it’s bad when one of you best friends message you, “Hey, how’s it going? Haven’t spoken to you in months.” On that and even more depressing note, I don’t even know what my gaming keyboard feels like anymore. Luckily October being the best month of the year, from next week a lot of catch up gaming is in order and man is there some good gaming coming my way for the next three (Four) months. :slight_smile: On that note need to find a few folks to do Destiny 2 raids and Gears 5 coop with.

5 Likes

Tag @wenzdayz for Destiny 2, we are stuck in Ghost Recon and Divison at the moment

1 Like

Loved the Beta but will have to wait for a price drop on Ghost Recon, finished with Division but can jump back in there if a squad needs a 4th. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Poke received.

2 Likes

hehe using the uplay + system - so it works for me :smiley:

2 Likes

@SIGSTART . . . . .

Just need to wrangle my SQLite database to make sure there isn’t a repeat of the error last year.

Randomising secret santas so that no person gets the same santa as they’ve received before is actually bloody difficult.

5 Likes

I know I take my hat off to you, I was expecting from this year onwards that we might get the same people

2 Likes

I did a scheduling algorithm once for a university’s law department. The algorithm had to schedule a moot court competition between 30 universities in Africa across English, Portugese and French speaking students. Each university had 2 students and 1 lecturer attending. The competition ran for a week and had to facilitate a knock-out scheduling where languages couldn’t be mixed and the lecturers from a university weren’t allowed to rate their own students. There were a limited amount of venues as well spread across multiple campuses and the students had to travel as little as possible.

It was a proper scheduling nightmare, but I managed to write an efficient algorithm that could meet all the criteria.

5 Likes

Did you just send your CV to help @SIGSTART?

7 Likes

Nah, just appreciating the complexity of scheduling!

3 Likes

Should we bump, or start a new one?

(I didn’t intend to link that specific post, but I’m stickin’ with it)

2 Likes

Lol. Still valid. Bloody yoofs.

2 Likes

We can just bump it and edit and change if needs be.

Ahem… Shameless plug… Cough

2 Likes

yeah I reckon people should just do updates on that thread if applicable.

Like I know Tom is into loose women now as well

1 Like

4 Likes

Should we rather start this process in July then? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

March perhaps

2 Likes