Microsoft Flight Simulator ✈

How the heck does this look so good? And what are the required specs to look that good?

1 Like

What are the Xbox requirements? :thinking:

1 Like

No idea sadly:

Q: What platforms will Microsoft Flight Simulator be released on?
A: Our PC release is on August 18, 2020.
We will share more information regarding the Xbox release in the future.

Min specs on the PC look reasonable though, so maybe on an OG Xbox One?

1 Like

That you need a Xbox surely?

3 Likes

What I wonder is how is Flight Sim going to play on a controller. I’m definitely going to try this on Xbox, but just curious how the button mapping will work. Elite Dangerous is rather ambitious with a controller and perfectly playable, but still rather tricky.

Decisions, decisions…

Going to stick to the Standard Edition on Game Pass myself. Much as I’d love to have the high res version of CTIA, I can’t justify the added cost to get it.

1 Like

I think game pass is the way to go… the only thing I’ve got against game pass is the horrible interface, but it looks like you’ll have to work through that for MSFS no matter what you choose…

2 Likes

Never mind, steam store page is live! R999, R1399, and R1899 for the different versions.

1 Like

Nearly R2K for a game. I hope it counts towards your pilots license.

It has a huge map though, so worth it! :wink:

2 Likes

It’s important you understand this is the only way you’re flying anywhere this year :joy:, unless of course, you’re growing some plants :rofl:

3 Likes

From a couple of days ago, but interesting to see that MS Flight Sim and Grounded are selling well on Steam.

Where’s all those naysayers worried about devs losing out on sales for games that are releasing on Game Pass now… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ve been watching a bunch of videos of MSFS, and I’m at the point that I’m going to make some space on my PC to install this and try it out. I’ll play it with a controller, I don’t think it will be a massive issue. The game seems perfectly playable with a controller.

Also, of all the games I’ve seen being teased or shown for any console or any platform, Flight Simulator is by far the only game that looks truly next-gen. It is unbelievable what Microsoft has been able to do with Azure and with Bing Maps. The level of details possible for THE ENTIRE EARTH is insane!

3 Likes

I used a controller when I had a look or two at the game during the tech alpha, and it worked fine. I mean, I did crash a lot, but I don’t think that had too much to do with the controller. :expressionless:

Also, been wondering if a racing wheel could be used as an alternative to a flight yoke, and somehow incorporate the pedals into the mix as well? Here’s someone who tried doing that using our beloved G920 in X-Plane 11, with mixed results:

I mean I guess it has all the requirements in order to service this, the biggest problem I imagine would be that the wheel has no push/pull (which would control pitch with a yoke), that I know of at least. I know F1 steering wheels can do this, dunno if they account for this when making the simulation devices though.

Though if really eager, I know either @MalicE or @Talentloos has my HOTAS, if they aren’t using it perhaps @DieGrootHammer could. But this HOTAS makes for a very affordable entry point to that controller type if you really wanna get more involved.

1 Like

yeah Hannes has it

1 Like

First time flyer from RPS confirms (around the 12 minute mark) that controller flight is perfectly doable:

1 Like

Cockpit displays reflecting in the windows