Microsoft now owns Bethesda

7 Likes

Microsoft has said that they havent finished shopping for studios yet and rumours/conspiracies are abound that Sega might be its Target.

Hence the release of the shock blue controller that is apparently the same colour code as Sonic as well as the Sonic t shirt.

EimMFD2WAAEvvUA

and Ms does not have a real presence in Japan thus buying sega would immediately give them that foothold in the japanese market. as well as a slew of JRPG’s ie Persona etc.

5 Likes

I won’t lie, that controller looks lit af.

Jokes aside, MS makes smart business decisions. Althought they haven’t been the lead seller and big hitter in the console market in terms of hardware and games sales. Frankly I don’t care for that, but they have been pushing the industry and innovating.

3 Likes

this is blowing up for the past few days so there might be some truth to it

5 Likes
2 Likes

Microsoft will reportedly hold a Bethesda event next month (trueachievements.com)

3 Likes
2 Likes

And it seems to be a done deal…

Microsoft will have 23 first-party game studios

2 Likes

mmm this whole, “large companies buying other companies for billions” feels wrong for some reason to me, like some individuality is lost on the company that is being bought. Might be the money that scares me.

3 Likes

Big, official, breaking news, etc. :grinning:

In the meantime, to properly celebrate this special moment, we are bringing additional Bethesda games into Xbox Game Pass later this week. Stay tuned for more details!

welcome the eight incredibly talented development studios – Bethesda Game Studios, id Software, ZeniMax Online Studios, Arkane, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog, and Roundhouse Studios

4 Likes

Yay, may all future Bethesda games come to Game Pass and make Soli happy.

4 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-11-phil-spencer-says-future-bethesda-games-will-be-exclusive-to-platforms-where-game-pass-exists

3 Likes