Microsoft Releases another Racer

Microsoft Studios and Electric Square has Stealthly released a new free to play racer called Miami Street on the Windows Store.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/microsoft-releases-another-racer/

Well this was indeed very unexpected. May just try it out to see if it’s actually any good, but I have my doubts.

To accelerate, you hold down the left mouse button, space bar or anywhere on touchscreens. To brake, release. The car automatically steers through turns, but you have to time your brake and hit the gas at the perfect time to get ahead. There’s a boost, too.

So, this is a mobile game. Hard pass thank you very much

2 Likes

Yip, very arcade-ish. Personally, I think it’s something to drum up a bit more attention for MS Surface tablets. Besides, “It soft-launched on the Microsoft Store this week, which means it’s not available in all territories.” Ours is one of those not available:
Capture21
If it does ever make it to the SA Store it may be worthwhile just to kill a bit of time and farm some XBox Live achievements and gamer score, but not much else.

1 Like

Its also not like they have, arguably, the best racer on the market at the moment… cough couforzagh cough

1 Like

they could also just use this as a testbed to see what these okes are capable off and get them to make the next Project Gotham Racing title (wishful thinking)

It is a bit curious indeed. Add the fact that Forza Horizon 4 is due out shortly, and that this has been such a low key, zero marketing, limited availability “soft” release, and you have to wonder just what the thinking behind it is. Maybe @DohcWP is onto something there…

I personally can’t wait for Horizon 4! When I got hold of Horizon 3 it was all I played for weeks on end…

1 Like

Necroing this thread to mention that Miami Street has been rebranded and relaunched as Forza Street. I never did try the original so can’t confirm what has changed, if anything. What I can say is that it’s now being pushed as a Forza title:

From the popular Xbox racing franchise, comes a new, race-on-the-go Forza experience.

Which, personally, I think is a bit disingenuous and an insult to the people who have crafted the actual Forza games. This is a reskinned port of a mobile, arcade racing game that essentially involves you pressing and releasing the spacebar at appropriate moments.

None-the-less, for those looking for an occasional diversion and time killer, and who are done with those mindless clicker games, it may be worth a download and look-see. If nothing else, it is an XBox Live game, so even though it’s PC only at the moment, you could still earn a handful of XBox Achievements and some Gamer Score points.

For completeness, here’s the update notes for this “new Forza experience”.

FORZA STREET UPDATE - 23.0.6
Welcome to Forza Street! The latest update to the game includes new features, bug fixes and improvements.

REFRESHED NARRATIVE
Immerse yourself in a world of speed and intrigue with an updated storyline for Episodes 1, 2 and 3. Can you uncover the secrets of Forza Street?

UPGRADE PARTS
Car upgrade requirements are now easier to understand with the introduction of Upgrade Parts. Collect brakes, suspension, engines and more to push your cars to their limits.

CAR DELIVERY SEQUENCE
Just earned a new car? See it in all its glory with the brand new car delivery sequence, showcasing your latest prize on the streets of Miami.

FASTER BOOT-UPS
Get from your desktop and into the action faster than ever before with a range of boot-up time improvements.

NEW LANGUAGES ADDED
Drivers can now experience Forza Street in the following languages: English, German, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America), French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Turkish and Chinese.

CLASS CHANGE
The 2008 BMW M3 was incorrectly listed as a Rare Sports car. It has now been corrected to a Rare Street car.

AUDIO POLISH
Crank up the volume and enjoy the latest improvements to music and sound effects in Forza Street.

Available now via the Windows Store app, or online at

i just want a new PGR

1 Like