Microsoft will reportedly have Cyberpunk, Splinter Cell, Anthem and more at E3 this year

We’ve already heard that Microsoft is planning a big showcase for E3 this year, the company even went as far as to set up its own theater separate from the main convention center in order to have enough room. Now this week, we have an idea of what could be in store, with sources reporting a bunch of deals Microsoft has lined up for Xbox and Windows 10.

According to sources close to Microsoft speaking with Rectify Gaming, the company has a slew of high-profile third party deals set up this year. Microsoft apparently has the marketing rights to Cyberpunk 2077, a new Splinter Cell, Anthem, Madden 19, Borderlands 3 and Battlefield V. The report says that it may also have deals set up for The Division 2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. If E3 2017 is anything to go by, we can probably also add Metro Exodus to the list.

What does this all mean? Well timed exclusivity is likely not part of the equation, but it does mean that these games will be shown on Microsoft’s stage and future advertisements will all likely feature Xbox One X footage. Early DLC releases have also been a thing that Microsoft has taken advantage of in the past, so we may see some games drop expansions on Xbox early, and a month or so later for other platforms.

Unfortunately, third-party marketing deals don’t do much to solve Microsoft’s need for more first-party titles, so hopefully we’ll have a few of those to look forward to in June as well.

Source: Kitguru

3 Likes

Come on MS. Get them as exclusives!

1 Like

Bad Soli!

Exclusives are bad.

1 Like

Tell that to Sony. They are the ones with all the exclusives that I want to play.

And so many people support them because of that.

1 Like

Yeah… I’m literally saving up ebucks for a PS4 for when Detroit gets released.
Ok, fine. I’m actually saving up eBucks in general, but still… I might get a PS4 someday just for Quantic Dreams games.

1 Like

It sounds like the PS5 may be coming this year and that it may be backward compatible. I think I’ll wait until the release of that.

1 Like

Wow, already? That seems quite quick. Luckily I’m in no rush. I’ve barely been gaming this year, so I can wait a while for the game to mature (and discount) before getting it. So far, the game hasn’t even been released yet (as far as I know), so still lots of time.

2 Likes

Right, so this article seems to have some misinformation and half-truths. Also, the PS5 rumour is an extremely unlikely rumour coming out of a website with a $1000 paywall, and no possible way of corroborating it. Forbes and Times had articles that stated it does not make logical or business for them to launch a new console this year, even 2019 being early bets, but overall making more sense.

Also, the only possible “news” that may come from this article is that these games may actually exist and will be coming out. Remember that Xbox got marketing rights for games such as The Witcher 3 before it’s release.

1 Like

Wow that’s a big paywall. People keep feeding me information and I don’t take the time to follow up on them.

1 Like

Anthem!
Borderlands 3!
SplinterCell!

Cyberpunk!

good line up there by gosh.

I doubt PS5 is even technical drawings at this stage.

1 Like

Wow… A new Splinter Cell could be amazing, though different, without Jeremy Irons.

jeremy irons or michael ironside ?

Oh that’s right, sorry. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: